Chapter 6: Ex

Fear

Fear.

There are many things that can be hidden under this word. It's different for everyone.

Fear of certain kinds of animals, heights, death, losing someone we care about, performing in front of many people, rejection. Fear that people will judge us.

Everyone is different and has different fears.

And I? What am I afraid of?

Shopping.

Not shopping in general, but shopping where Luna switches in her head.

That is happening right now.

"This would look amazing on you." She walked over to me with another piece of cloth, this time blue, and placed it next to me. "Or maybe not." She slowly returned it to the place she had taken it from.

"What are we even doing here? Can't I wear some of my clothes?"

"Really?" She turned to me. "You brought one bag with about three outfits in it. So no, you can't wear any of your clothes." She crossed her arms over her breasts. "Is there anything else you want to say?" She challenged me.

"Can we leave?"

"Can you repeat that?" She raised an eyebrow.

Yep, I'm definitely starting to fear her.

"Blue is not my color." I laughed nervously.

"That's what I thought."

Why do I feel like I'm under a slipper? It's only Luna after all. Harmless Luna.

It's not like she's holding a knife to my throat and forcing me to be here. Although she would probably be able to.

Okay, I admit it. I'm a little afraid of her.

Why? Maybe it's because she can cut me in my sleep if she sees me in the kitchen one more time.

She moved slightly away from it as she walked from one rack of hangers to the next.

This is my chance to escape.

I was really planning to run away. Pack up and get out of New York. Escape somewhere where she wouldn't find me. Because if I left her here, I'd have to.

I wanted to risk it anyway. But then I noticed a man.

He was standing in the front door of the store, his gaze fixed on Luna. He didn't even try to hide it.

His dark brown hair, which was sometimes blonde, fell into his eyes. I immediately noticed how tall and well-built he was. His sharp sledge was decorated with a slight stubble and his narrow lips were slightly parted.

I have to say, Luna looks like an angel, but you can't tell me that a stranger would look at her like that.

He didn't notice his surroundings at all. Probably as much as Luna was oblivious to him. She was just rummaging through things there, which had all her attention.