Chapter 20: Therapist

"Why are you up so early?" I looked up at Luna, who was leaning against the kitchen door frame

"I'm working." I simply answered her and went back to the papers Killian had given me.

"It's seven o'clock in the morning."

"And?"

"I guess I'll never understand you." She pushed herself away from the door and walked over to the kitchen counter, watering her coffee with the water I had set up for myself. It doesn't matter. "What are you even working on?" She sat down across from me and picked up a few photos that she started looking at.

"Just a little research, you know how it goes." Yes, I told Luna about working with Killian. It was either that or a conversation about panic attacks, that's what Luna calls it.

"I know this place." She placed one of the photos in front of me.

There was a guy named Bradley Whitlock on it, at least it was on the back of the photo. He was surrounded by a few other people in some dirty part of town. It looked like the illegal sale of weapons or drugs.

"It's near one of the docks here in New York. The city's gangs used to hang out there until the mob-bribed police took it over."

"Can you tell me the exact address?" Before I could even pick up my pen, Luna started dictating the address. "Thanks, I hope this helps."

"But I wouldn't go there if I were you." She took a sip of coffee.

"Why?" I frowned.

"It's not safe there. And before you can remind me that you can take care of yourself, this is different. I don't know all the people in that photo, but I just know this one." She pointed to some guy in the background. "Don't mess with these people. They're psychopaths."

"I'll take your advice to heart." Probably not, but Luna will sleep better after hearing those words. "You said it was seven already, huh? I must go." I put all the photos and my notes back in the folder and closed the laptop next to me.

"Where are you going?"

"I have a meeting." Technically, that's true. I have an appointment with a therapist.

I told Killian that I would visit him twice a week. I don't know how he could find someone so quickly in one day and make an appointment for me. I have no plans to burden Luna with this.

"Mysterious." She laughed. "But before you go...I'm leaving."

"Fine? I'll meet you later?" I frowned.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. I have a job to do because this is not out of thin air." She pointed to her apartment. "And I have work commitments in Europe for the next two weeks. So I'm leaving."

"Today?" She nodded. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I got a call late at night and I didn't want to wake you up." A phone call at night? "I'm not excited about leaving you here alone in our apartment, but I'm counting on you, that it'll be standing when I get back." The corners of my mouth began to lift into a smile. "What?"