Chapter 68: Once again

"I never thought I'd live to see the day hell freezes over

"I never thought I'd live to see the day hell freezes over." A smile appeared on his face.

"I can leave as quickly as I came here Simon."

"I take it this is not a friend's visit." He stood up from the table and walked in front of it before leaning against it.

"We would have to be friends for that."

"Still pissed as I can see." He laughed.

"Are you going to help me or not? Because I don't plan on wasting my time here."

"That depends on what kind of help you need." He shrugged.

"Jocelyne is in town." I simply said.

"And?"

"She took Lucy." I said with a heavy heart.

"The little girl?" He frowned.

"My daughter, yes. Can you help me find her?"

"I could."

"For something, right?" I snorted. "I thought so. What do you want?"

"See, you'd do anything. You'd give me as much money as I asked, even if it was millions. You'd probably even kill someone if I asked you to."

"But?"

"But, I can find those things in others too. I have people for that."

"So what do you want?"

"Another chance."

I stopped for a moment. So I didn't expect that.

"It's been almost a year since you spoke to me. I've missed it. I can help you find Lucy if you give me a chance to build the relationship we had before. I'm not asking for anything more."

"Fine." Anything to find Lucy. "Now help me find my daughter."

*****

"You should be careful. I can't tell you how many people are inside." Simon's voice came from the other side of the cell phone.

"I'll be careful, don't worry." I canceled the call and got out of the car.

I stopped in front of a low-rise building in the center of town. Simon got me the address where Lucy should be, but also Jocelyne.

With my hand on my gun, I walked over to the door and opened it. The interior was empty. Abandoned. As if no one had been here for a few months.

I slowly stepped inside and started looking around. They must be here.

I heard a faint sound from the only floor above me. I walked over to the stairs that creaked under my weight and came across a large room that wasn't divided by walls.

The pillars that held up the roof were the only thing on this floor.

But my heart almost stopped when I saw Lucy.