Chapter 25: Gratitude

"Enough

"Enough." I heard Ada's voice and released my body, under which lay an almost half-dead girl.

I took my knee, which was pressing on her neck, off her and stood up. I put my hands behind my back and straightened up before Ada came to us.

"Get up." She said without even looking at her. "And you." She looked at me. "You should train harder."

I took a deep breath and clenched my jaw to steady myself and not roll my eyes, for which I would have been in serious trouble.

"Do you want to tell me something?" She came closer.

"No ma'am."

"That's what I thought." She walked past me and almost knocked me to the ground when she bumped into my shoulder.

I struggled not to turn around and try to get kicked out for murdering a teacher.

I've been here for three years and this is the person I hate in the whole world. I don't know what she has against me, but whatever it is, she's an adult, she should think about herself. After all, I'm the kid here.

"Are you okay?" The girl I was training with stood awkwardly.

"Me? You were the one lying on the ground a moment ago, almost dead. How are you feeling?" I felt a little guilty.

"It could have been worse." She laughed. "I'm Aceso." She gave me her hand.

"Eris." I smiled and took her hand.

"I know. I've heard a lot about you."

"About me?" I frowned. "From who?"

"From some girls. They said you were really good for your age. Turns out you really are." She laughed.

"I'm trying to. I don't want to let anyone down."

"That makes two of us."

*

I woke up in the middle of the night and the place where Killian was sitting was empty. I must have fallen asleep after our conversation when I took the pills. I guess he didn't want to wait for me to wake up.

I don't blame him. I would do the same. He probably realized what he had done. It was a surprise for me when he came and in general that he confided in me about something.

But the thing is, I would probably do the same thing. We are so similar, yet so different.

We are both in a bad place and I guess we found comfort in each other. I don't know if it's good or bad.

But what I do know is that it's strange. From us pointing guns at each other to me washing the blood off his hands. And within weeks.

Life is really strange.