Chapter 48: Garden

After an incredibly "amazing" morning, I was forced, by Killian, to go to bed

After an incredibly "amazing" morning, I was forced, by Killian, to go to bed. We didn't even get a chance to talk about the fact that it was Simon who got me out of here.

I don't know how he will react to that, since Simon has been in his life longer than I have. Maybe he'll leave it at that. That would probably be for the best. At least I think,

I don't have the slightest idea.

I don't even know what time it was when I woke up. What I do know is that I couldn't find anyone.

I was terrified when I couldn't find Lucy or Killian anywhere.

I searched all the bedrooms, the study, the living room and the kitchen. They were nowhere.

I began to imagine what could have happened to them, and I almost fell apart in the hallway.

"Lyssa?" I felt a hand on my shoulder and shook it off, I jumped back and turned to the person behind me. "Whoa." He put his hands in a defensive gesture.

"Kai." I exhaled. "Where's Lucy and Killian?"

"In the garden with Odin." He nodded his head toward the back entrance.

Without hesitation I ran to the back of the villa and I swear I could hear a stone drop from my heart when I saw them through the glass door.

I grabbed my rapidly heaving chest and tried to calm myself down.

I'm getting paranoid again.

"Killian took her out so she wouldn't accidentally wake you up." Kai stood next to me and looked at his brother and Lucy.

Lucy ran away from Killian while laughing non-stop. She screamed as he grabbed her and lifted her into the air. He said something to her that made her laugh even more and Killian smiled too.

"I never thought I'd see him like this." Kai said next to me.

"Like what?" I looked at him and noticed how he was looking at them and smiling.

"Happy." He simply answered. "Before you showed up, he barely smiled. He was locked in the study or in the city in the office. Sometimes we didn't see him for a week. And now..." He laughed. "He is playing in the garden with a little girl and looks happier than ever."

"That's what Lucy does. She brings light to dark places. I don't know how she does it, but I want it to stay that way."

"She really is something." He looked at me. "So are you. Killian is a lucky guy."

"Or me and Lucy are." I shrugged my shoulders. "We wouldn't be here without him."

"That may be true, but what would happen to him if you two weren't here?" He raised an eyebrow. "He cares about you, and in the time he's known Lucy, he cares about her too. He treats and cares about you both like family."