Chapter 44: Lucy

I received unpleasant looks as I walked past the reception to the elevator

I received unpleasant looks as I walked past the reception to the elevator. Maybe it will be because of the little girl in my arms, who is all dirty.

If they think I'm her mother, they must have already called social services.

I was about to knock on the door when it suddenly opened.

A smile appeared on my face when I saw Killian, but he didn't look too excited.

"What were you thinking?"

"Not now." I looked at Lucy and walked her past him inside.

I found Nyx on the couch and saw three other girls in the smaller bedroom.

After carrying Lucy to the others and convincing her that I wouldn't leave her, I returned to the living room to see Killian and Nyx.

"We'll talk about what's bothering you later." I told Killian. "We have something more important to do now. Nyx, have you heard from Luna and Theo?"

"Yes, these are the addresses of the parents." She moved a piece of paper across the table, which I picked up and looked at. "I erased their names from the records when we were in New Life, so no one should be looking for them. There will be no need for them to move or hide. At least not until they open their mouths."

"Could you shut up?" I said between my teeth. "Those girls have been through hell.

"If they go to the police, they're going to be worse off."

"I'll go talk to them." Killian slipped past me and headed into the bedroom after the girls.

"When you have a plan to destroy the management, call me." She took out a small piece of paper from her pocket.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to stay in Atlanta for a little longer." She bent down to pick up her travel bag and slung it over her shoulder. "I hope you realize that we have started a war. There is no going back now."

"I'll still go for the heads of white snakes. That hasn't changed."

"Call me when you have a real plan and not just talk." She walked around the table closer to me. "Good luck, Eris." She slipped past me to the door.

"Lyssa." I shouted after her and she looked at me confused. "My name. Lyssa."

"Good luck, Lyssa."

*****

"We're here Chloe. I turned to her as we sat in the car. "Let's go."

I got out of the car, leaving Killian in the car with the other girls. Chloe pulled up next to me as she got out of the car.

"What if they're angry?"

"Oh Chloe." I grabbed her hand. "They'll be happy to see you. They won't be mad. Trust me." I smiled at her and waited for her to take the first step towards her house.