Chapter 15: The contract

"It's six in the morning

"It's six in the morning. Do you ever sleep?" I looked at the already bored Killian. "Sure, come on in." I snorted as he walked past me into the apartment.

I had no intention of going to the door, but when I heard the bell for the fifth time, I got up from the couch and went to open them.

I should have left them closed and turned off the doorbell.

"What are you doing here?" I followed Killian as he walked into the living room.

When I walked through the door, a small box almost hit me in the head. Fortunately, I caught it.

"Sure, don't give me a warning. Why, right?" It's five seconds since he's been here and I'm sick of it already.

I looked at the box in my hand. It was a cell phone.

"We need a way to get in touch without me going into town every five minutes." He finally said.

"I am excited." I faked a smile and threw the box on the table. I slipped past him and headed to the kitchen.

I woke up five minutes ago and I feel like I haven't had water in weeks. It was hard to swallow because of my dry throat.

"I expect you to do your job and bring me whoever is responsible for the attacks on my family."

Can't he just leave? I am not yet awake for this.

"Sure. Sure." I poured water into my glass and drank it immediately, which was a mistake. Never, I repeat never, drink a lot of water when you are thirsty.

"The price is the same, thirty thousand." He added.

"As if." I snorted and turned to him. He looked at me confused. "Sixty thousand." I proposed.

I've already asked too little one time, I won't make the same mistakes twice.

"Forty."

"Sixty five." Maybe if I put a high price on it, he'll leave me alone.

"Okay, sixty." He said between his teeth.

"Hmmm." I thought about it. "Seventy." I carelessly crossed my arms over my breasts.

"Eighty and you shut up."

Guess who just won.

"Deal." I extended my hand to him, but he only looked at it. Idiot. I pulled her back to me and leaned my back against the kitchen counter. "Something else?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Be back at my place at seven. No objections." He said the last thing before turning and walking away.

Did he always have such a nice ass?

Not. Stop it, Eris. Concentrate.

*****

"Anybody here?" I entered the hall and looked around.