Chapter 43: Children

I already know what it's like to wake up next to someone in the morning

I have to say, I like it. And especially when I was roused from sleep by his head between my legs.

A wonderful way to start a new day.

"How are you?" He lay back next to me and turned my back to him. He pulled me to his chest and buried his head in my hair.

"Better now." I laughed and ran my hand over his fingers on my stomach.

"I'm happy about that." I could hear he was smiling by the way he was talking. "We should shower and then get ready."

"I hate that you're right." I breathed out hard.

I would never get out of this bed if I could. I like it here.

"One day we'll spend the whole day in bed, but not today." He was about to say something but was interrupted by a scratching at the door. "I was waiting for him to come."

He let out a frustrated breath and pulled away from me. He got up from the bed and walked to the door. With every step he took, I looked at his ass. I wish he didn't have sweatpants on.

"Okay, okay." He opened the door when he heard barking. "Take it easy."

Odin immediately ran to the bed and showered me with kisses. "Good morning to you too." I laughed. "Where have you been all night?"

"I left him in the study." Killian said as he closed the door and stood by the bed looking at the two of us. "So that he doesn't interrupt something again, since he likes to do it so much." He crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Odin.

"You better stop looking at him like that or he'll bite you in the ass. It'd be a shame." I winked at him.

"Really funny." He looked at me with a serious look.

"It is for me." I whispered to Odin. "You must have laughed on the inside too." I pet him.

"I better go take a shower." He said more for himself than for us and went to the bathroom, from which I soon heard running water.

I wanted to join him, but we all know how that would turn out. Killy and me in the shower? There is only one possible way it will end, and we don't have time for that now.

When he came back from the shower, I don't know if it was God, the devil, or just Killian who was punishing me because he was only wearing a towel tied low that looked like it was going to fall to the floor in seconds.

I certainly wouldn't mind this look, but it is possible that Odin would bite off his "friend" because he would consider it a toy.

And now I'm talking nonsense.

I think I am unknowingly on some kind of drug.

*****

"I hope you are ready." Nyx called from the back seat. "It won't be easy."