Chapter 13: Questions and answers

I hate it when people say "It could have been worse

I hate it when people say "It could have been worse."

Those people have never sat nearly naked in a room with the guy they'd most like to kill. And I think it will happen soon, that is, if looks can kill.

It must have been half an hour since we just looked at each other. Without a single word. It's as if one of us is waiting for the other to look away. It is even more intense when we sit on the opposite side of the room. A few meters apart.

Basically, it's a competition. A competition I don't intend to lose.

If he thinks he can beat me at something as primitive as this, he is sorely mistaken.

I tried to fall asleep before this "competition" of ours started. But it was unsuccessful. I was shivering from the cold, even though I was sitting right next to the fireplace.

Being half-naked really doesn't help. And the thoughts of having to be here until morning, neither.

"How long do you plan on staring at me?" He finally spoke first.

"How long do you plan on doing it?" I answered his question by asking one, what I personally hate.

"This is ridiculous." He snorted.

"Then stop looking at me." I smiled.

Killians jaw clenched and that put an even bigger smile on my face. I love with all my heart when he is frustrated. It fills me up. I feel like I really accomplished something.

I am proud of myself for that.

"Unbelievable." He mumbled under his breath and closed his eyes. He tilted his head back and hit the wall, against which he was leaning with his bare back.

Guess who just won this idiotic game.

"You should get some sleep." He spoke again. "Not that I care." He added, his head still bowed and eyes closed.

Is he planning to sleep? In this cold? How!?

"I would sleep, if I wasn't freezing." I pulled my knees up to my chin and wrapped my arms around myself. "Whose fault is that." I whispered.

"I saved your life."

"After you put it in danger." I frowned.Is he serious? Does he really think he saved me? This guy is unbelievable. "I was the one who saved you." And I regret it.

"Excuse me?" He snorted and finally looked at me.

"If I hadn't pushed you, you'd be dead. So you're welcome." And by the way, I lost the chocolate. Does he even know how much they have increased in price?

Although, I probably shouldn't care how much one chocolate costs when I have thirty thousand stashed away in Luna's car.

But my point is, that even if I have a million, food is not to be wasted. I learned that the hard way.