Chapter 33: Old friends

"Amira?" I looked surprised at the woman in front of me in a short black dress with long sleeves and short hair that fit her

"Amira?" I looked surprised at the woman in front of me in a short black dress with long sleeves and short hair that fit her. "What are you doing here?"

"Me? What are you doing here?" She walked up to me with a smile and hugged me. That's when I noticed what was different about her besides her hair. "Oh yeah." She didn't stop smiling when she noticed me staring. She grabbed her stomach with one hand and looked up at me. "Whatever you think, you think right."

"You're going to have a baby." I looked at her in surprise. I also noticed the ring on her hand. "Francesco?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, with him." She laughed. "And I'm not going to have a baby, but two." She said proudly.

"Two?" I feel like I'm more out of it than she is.

"Two boys to be exact. It's a dream come true, that will turn into a nightmare when they come out of me."

"Congratulations?" I said carefully, still slightly in shock. It hasn't been that long since we last saw each other. But when I think about it, it will be a little over half a year already.

"Thank you." She smiled. "But there will be a lot going on with these two on the way, Em and even little Leo, who wants to get out of the belly."

"A lot going on, is far from what you just told me." I laughed.

"We've been through worse. But what are you doing here?" She looked around the room as if searching for some target of mine.

"I'm here with...with my..." I was at a loss for words, and that sent Amira down a really bad path.

"Oh, I see." She winked at me.

"No. No. It's not what you think." I stopped her. "He is my business partner?" I didn't even know what I was saying.

She looked like she didn't believe a word I said. And to be honest, I don't believe it either.

"I really didn't expect to meet you here today. I was afraid it would be another one of Francesco's boring meetings." She rolled her eyes.

"Francesco is here?" I looked around the room, but I didn't see him anywhere.

"Somewhere, yes." She lifted her shoulder and sipped from a glass of what I hope was only water.

"Shouldn't he be here watching over you?" I looked away from her belly. It's not polite to look at her like that.

"Oh please." She snorted. "I finally have peace from him. You can't imagine how exhausted I am. Don't eat this, don't drink that, eat something healthy, you shouldn't walk so much, do you feel fine." She was mimicking him, and I couldn't stop laughing.

"It looks like you're not bored." I tried to calm my laughter.

"Sometimes I feel like gouging out his eyes or cutting out his tongue. Anything to get him to leave me alone for a while. Can you imagine he banned me from having most sweets? Because he says it's not good for kids, but what about me? I crave chocolate or some cake." She moaned.