Chapter 66: The truth

My sleep was interrupted by a scream

I almost jumped out of bed when I heard it.

It didn't take me long to come to my senses and run in the direction the scream was coming from.

It was Lyssa.

"Killian!" She screamed my name as if someone was cutting her.

I burst into her room, ready to face whoever was in there.

But my gaze fell on Lyssa in bed, who was constantly moving. Sweat was running down her face and she looked like she was in pain.

"No. No. Stop it." She was writhing in bed.

"Lyssa." I carefully walked over to her and grabbed her face. She was burning. "Lyssa, it's me." I said quietly but it was enough for her to hear me.

She snapped out of her sleep and sat up as if shocked. Her hand fell on her chest and she breathed deeply.

"Lyssa?" She was startled when I grabbed her shoulder. I don't think she was aware I was even here.

"Christ. You scared me." She breathed heavily. "Don't ever do that again."

"I scared you?" I snorted. "You were screaming all the way down the hall a few seconds ago. I heard you in my room."

"What?" She frowned. "I'm not..." She stopped. "Just go back to sleep. I'm okay."

"You screamed my name, it doesn't sound like you're okay."

"Shouldn't you be somewhere else? If you want to play knight in shining armor, you're in the wrong room. Now get out of this one." She reached for the duvet and pulled it up when she noticed he was only wearing a large t-shirt.

"You do realize that I already saw...."

"Don't you dare finish that sentence Killian James Acker." She interrupted me and pointed her finger at me. "Go to sleep. Now." She ordered me and I just smiled stupidly.

This is how I felt with her a year ago. I missed it.

*****

"Of course I understand. I'll be there in a minute to talk to Lucy." I said into the phone.

"And maybe take her back home? Is that an option?" Kai spoke from the other side.

"We'll talk about it when I get there." I stopped in front of the main entrance with my hand on the doorknob. "Just don't promise her anything." I opened the door and before I could say anything else or step forward, Charles was standing in front of me. "Change of plans. I'll call you later." Before he could react, I ended the call.

"Where is she?" He slipped past me into the villa.

"Sure Charles, come in." I snorted. "Where's Nyx?"