Chapter 63: Month

Eleven months ago

Eleven months ago...

I should have known. Of course the main room had stronger walls than anything else in the building.

I don't know how long I was out. I hit my head when the building exploded and woke up with blood all over my body. Most of it flowed from my head and also from the hand that I pulled out from under the table. I don't know how the table got on it, and I probably don't even want to know.

I braced myself against the table as I tried to stand up.

Everything around me was scattered. That's probably what happens when a building explodes.

I looked at Frederik's body one last time and smiled from ear to ear. "Look who survived, asshole." I laughed. "Not you for sure."

I slowly walked over to the door and tried to open it through the sensor on its edge. It was in vain.

I walked over to the metal door and tried to open it and since it was damaged from the impact it actually moved.

I hissed in pain as I had to open them with both hands and that hurts like a bitch.

"Agh." I opened them enough to jump out. They immediately closed behind me.

I fell on pieces of the building, which also hurt. I scratched my hands and tore my jeans at the knees, which started to bleed.

"Awesome." I hissed in pain as I tried to stand up. "Oh my God." I whispered as I saw the building in ruins and the bodies. So many bodies.

I did that.

There was black smoke, pieces of the building still burning and the stench of burnt bodies.

What did I do?

I shook off the guilt. There will be time for that later, I have to find Killian. Oh my god I have to find Killian.

I started walking through the ruins in the direction where we stopped with Charles and Nyx.

I finally got to the forest, but then out of nowhere, my head started spinning.

My legs started to weave and I didn't have time to catch a tree as I was falling.

I hit the ground with my face and passed out.

Everything was black for I don't know how long, but then I heard a voice. It was terribly far away, and yet I felt someone's hands on my body.

"Look at you. You don't know how to die do you?" Someone laughed.

I tried to open my eyes, but it wasn't possible.

"I'm going to have a lot of fun with you." That was the last thing I heard before I passed out again.

A few days later...