Chapter 47: Kidnapping

I was woken up by continuous knocking on the door

I was woken up by continuous knocking on the door. When I looked at my phone, I saw that it was six am, so I had only slept for two hours. Great

I quickly got out of bed and threw on a t-shirt. I walked over to the door, still slightly unawakened, and opened it.

My gaze fell on Lucy holding Kai's hand. That is, for the finger. And Odin, who stood beside her as her bodyguard.

"I found her walking all over the villa looking for Lyssa. Is she there with you?" He nodded his head behind me.

"No." I frowned and leaned towards Lucy. "Did she tell you she was going somewhere?"

"She was gone when I woke up." She wiped her eyes with hand.

I looked up at Kai. "Go ask Mattias if she left."

"Sure thing." Lucy let go of his finger and he ran a hand through her hair and gave her a smile before walking away.

Yesterday I introduced Lucy to everyone and to my surprise no one seemed to mind that a small child would be living with them. But I didn't tell Val about her yet. I have to make time for it. I know she would like Lucy. She likes children.

"Will she come back?" She looked at me with sad eyes.

"Of course she'll be back. Why don't we go looking for her around the house again? Maybe she's hiding." I tried to calm her down, but I wasn't the most calm myself. It doesn't have to be anything. Maybe she just ran off somewhere and will come back. But right now we are in a situation where something could happen to her. But I'd rather not think about that. "But first let's go to the room and see if she left a message." I straightened up, and before we left for their room, I took my cell phone from the table and stuffed it in my pocket.

Lucy grabbed my finger, as she has small hands, and Odin and I walked to the room.

I looked around, but there was nothing unusual. An unpleasant feeling went through my whole body.

I took my cell phone out of my pocket and dialed her number. After a few beeps, I heard a ringing sound next to the bed.

This doesn't look good.

"Is Lyssa okay?" Lucy looked up at me.

"Of course she is." I don't know if I'm trying to convince her or me right now.

"Killian." Kai appeared in the doorway with a tablet. "You should see this." He handed me the tablet and I played the recording from the camera.

It was a few minutes after she left my study. The footage showed the back door opening, but then the footage was cut off.

"Mattias thought it was just some glitch, but if Lyssa is gone..."

"Lucy, stay with Kai." I cut him off and slipped out of the room.