Chapter 57: Not her

It happened so fast

It happened so fast.

One moment I was enjoying lunch with Lucy and the next, I was in the car with Luna, heading to the harbor.

That serial killer is in New York.

We called Nyx to update her on the situation and decided it would be best if she came over and we could work out this problem together.

I tried to contact Charles as well, but I couldn't. I strongly doubt that he is dead though. He's like a cockroach.

When we tried to call Nyx today, she didn't pick up. We checked the last location recorded by her cell phone. It was here in New York.

After we checked the cameras, we found out that she was in an accident and that she was pulled out of the car by some person in a hood.

We found out from the cameras that they were heading to the harbor, so that's exactly where we're heading.

Two cars full of my security followed us. This person is causing quite a stir. I won't risk anything.

We pulled up to the docks and noticed the car we had seen on the cameras and I told my guys to look around for Nyx. And in case they find the killer, they have orders to shoot.

Luna and I stopped at a metal building and I directed her to go through the side entrance while I went through the front.

I went in, with my hand on the trigger, and after walking for a while, I came upon a room, the door of which was open and one could see inside.

I noticed Nyx tied to a chair with blood on her forehead from the accident and a figure in black in front of her.

It must be the killer.

I wasn't planning on waiting for Luna, Nyx might not live to see it.

I slowly started walking towards them and the moment Nyx noticed me, I motioned for her to be quiet.

But she didn't listen to me for some reason. "No, Killian."

As soon as she said that, the killer turned their head to the side to let me know that they were aware of my presence. And I swear I saw a little smile.

I couldn't see their face directly through the hood, but I could see enough to know it was a woman.

"Put it down." I was talking about a dagger in her hand. "Now!"

"Killian stop it." Nyx was trying to stop me. What is she doing?

"I'll say it one last time," I entered the room, "Put. It. Down."

Her shoulders rose and fell as she laughed. It was a quiet laugh. I almost didn't hear it.

I was ready to fire when she turned and threw the dagger at me. I didn't react fast enough and the dagger went past my shoulder, damaging it slightly.