Chapter 17: Physical touch

"Can you stop for a second?" I yelled at Killian as I ran after him

How is it possible that he is so fast?

"Hey! Stop!" I tried again but got no response.

I almost fell walking up the stairs, but I made it. I stopped him in the middle of the corridor, a few meters from the front door.

"I told you to stop." I reached for his hand and grabbed it, which he didn't like, judging by his reaction.

He caught mine with his free hand and pulled it off him.

This guy and his problem with physical touch.

"Do not touch me." He said between his teeth as he finally looked at me.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes. "You know what? I'm not going to deal with your failure to receive physical touch, you don't pay me enough for that. What I am going to deal with is why did you stun him?" I crossed my arms over my chest and stood still.

Neither of us will leave unless he explains it to me.

"He was playing with us. It was a waste of time."

"I gave us a name, Simon Jones, and by his reaction, you knew who he was. How sure are you that he isn't the one trying to kill you?" I raised an eyebrow.

He was the guy who bumped into me back then at 1Oak. The one that changed his whole mood when he saw my tattoo.

"You don't want to talk about your family. Why should I talk about mine?" His tone of voice sounded....like he blamed me?

"Look, Killy, I don't care about your....." Before I could finish, our attention shifted to Odin barking in the living room.

I didn't expect Killian to run to him right away. I followed him slowly and slightly offended. Did he really leave me for the dog?

Although, on the other hand, it is Odin. I would do the same.

The moment I walked through the door, I noticed Finn standing a few meters behind Killian. They were both looking through the windows.

I ran over to them to see what they were looking at. I shouldn't have done that.

I should run as soon as I heard Odin bark. And why? Because Odin tried to warn us.

Before any of us could catch him, he ran towards the back of the villa. Otherwise, I would have stopped him, but right now, huge black cars were making their way to the villa. When they stopped, men with guns started getting out.

Before they started shooting, I jumped to hide behind the couch. I don't intend to take a bullet to the head.

I expected Killian to appear right next to me, but he didn't. I saw him run towards Finn and defend him with his own body before they both hid behind the seats a few meters away.