Chapter 12: His crazy plan

I don't even know what I was thinking when I got into his car

I don't even know what I was thinking when I got into his car. How stupid do I have to be to do something like that?

"Killian, where the hell are you taking me?" I asked when I saw a sign that said harbor.

"So you do know my name."

"You think this is a good time for your jokes?" I frowned at him.

It's been a few minutes since we've been trying to lose the black car shooting at us. I cannot shoot back because I value my life. The moment I'd stuck my head out, I would catch a bullet.

We lost our taillights a long time ago and it's only a matter of time before the rear glass shatters. The wheels are still untouched, which seems strange to me, because if you want to stop some car, you shoot the wheels first. Amateurs.

"We're almost there."

"Where is 'there' exactly? Where are you taking me?" I repeated my question, but again got no answer.

We turned onto another road and drove through the fence that was supposed to keep people from going behind it.

We passed huge metal containers and tankers. I don't like this.

"Killian." There was a warning in my voice.

I noticed that we are heading towards the edge, between two containers, behind which there is no road.

"We'll have to jump before we hit the water. You open the door as soon as..."

"What do you mean before we hit the water? Are you planning to turn this car into a submarine?"

This is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I will die in the presence of an idiot.

"You open the door and jump into the water. Then swim down, away from the surface, they'll try to shoot us in the water."

"Why does it sound like you've done this before?"

God, I never wanted anything from you. Only now. Only once. Don't let me die like this. Please.

"Ready?" I felt the car start to accelerate even more and we were approaching the end of the road.

"No!" I screamed.

"Too late."

Before I could say anything else to him, the road disappeared from under the car. I reached for the handle and opened the door, jumping out of the car and falling into the cold water.

The cold spread over my body and I lost all orientation for a moment. I didn't know if I was swimming towards the surface or away from it.

The air I was trying to keep in my body was running out and I felt a burning pain in my eyes.

Even with water in my ears, I heard gunshots that just missed me. The water slowed them down a bit, but even if they hit me, it would be a nasty hit.

I finally found myself and noticed the car I jumped out of. It was sinking slowly and I wondered where Killian was and if he had time to jump out.