"Dad, I'm heading out." Vi shouted at her dad who came running towards her.

"I still can't believe how easy it's for you to make friends." Vi just smiled at her. Only if that statement was true.

Axel hugged his daughter and kissed her forehead.

"Don't be too late and if you are, I sleep like a log but still don't make much noise, cause i have to go to the school tomorrow at 6." Vi nodded her head and grabbed her keys.

"Bye dad."

"Bye, honey!" Axel said and went back to doing whatever he was doing, she put the coordinates that her father gave her in her phone and off she went.

Violet felt weirded out that her let her go to a party, didn't warn her about drinking and she had no curfew. She wasn't used to that kind of freedom, and now that she got, she didn't knew how to use it.

Violet parked her car somewhere in between all of the cars on the beach and looked around. The beach was full of kids her age, but she still felt out of place. It was all so new. She walked to the beach and looked around, she saw the curly girl from earlier and waved at her. Kiara had a red cup in her hand and waved back with a big smile. Violet felt a presence next to her and turned around. She jumped at the sight of a boy maybe about two years older than her and laughed out of anxiety with a hand on her chest. The boy had a smile on his face, but a weird spark in his eyes. He had been drinking, it was obvious, not just by the cup in his hand.

"Hello, there." He spoke up and she smiled.

"Hi." Vi said back to him.

"What's your name baby doll?" She raised her eyebrows at him. Baby doll? Who even calls people that they don't know, baby doll?

"I'm Violet."

"Hi Violet. I'm Rafe, nice to meet you." The boys smiled at her and looked around. "Want me to grab you drink and then go somewhere more private?" Violet looked around and saw Kiara, who was looking at her with a weird expression on her face. Vi smiled at the boy, and decided that maybe going on a more quiet place will calm her nerves, so she accepted. The girl who stayed home most of her high school and even life, had no idea, that maybe Rafe had got something not so pure planed for them when they did went to a more quiet place.

Rafe smiled and went towards the bar to grab her a drink, while he was there, Vi looked around and saw one of the boys that were earlier at the Wreck. His eyes were already locked on her, she smiled at him and gave him a little wave. The boy just scoffed, rolled his eyes and looked the other way. Vi narrowed her brows. Weird. The shy girl spoke to herself in a whisper and felt a hand around her waist  guiding her away.

"So are you a touran?" Rafe asked when they started to walk away. She chuckled and took a sip out of her cup, and almost gagged at the strong alcohol taste in her drink, since she had come with her car, she clearly wasn't going to drink all of it, maybe just three more sips.

"I've already been asked that and I have no clue what that means." Rafe laughed.

"Definitely a touran."

"What does that mean?" She asked curiously.

"It means that you are on vacation, and had no plans of staying, just passing through." Violet giggled.

"Oh. Well in that case I'm not." Rafe looked at her with something in his eyes she could not put her finger to.

"Well you're not a pogue either. So who are you?" She once again looked confused. Tourans? Pogues?

"Pogue? Like in the military?" Rafe started laughing. Almost spilling his drink.

"No, Violet. You see that guy there?" Rafe asked and pointed to the boy with the blond hair from earlier. She nodded. "So that's the definition of a Pogue, living in the cut, doin' whatever you want whenever you want and barely making it through the week, but still somehow kicking. And on the other side of the Pogues, it's the Kooks. That's me and others like me, who live in Figure Eight and are making it in life." She looked at him weirdly.

"So it's a class thing?" Rafe nodded with a smile. She didn't knew what he was so happy about. "Okay. Well I live on Figure Eight." Violet said but she was 100 percent sure that she didn't wanted to be called a kook or whatever, you could be who ever you wanted to be in life. Outside of her mother's house that's it, in it, she was just what mom wants from her. She was not her own person like she was supposed to be at the age of 17, she was living her mother's dream and was sick of it.

"You do? How come i don't know you?"

"You might know my dad, seems like he's a big deal here." Rafe looked at her and wanted to hear more.

"Your dad? Who's your dad?"

"Axel Snow." She said and Rafe mouth fell open. She knew who her father was here and what that meant for her, everyone respected him and he was a big deal. But she would never not like saying that he was her dad. Cause she, loved him and he was the reason she had everyone in life that she wants, even if she barely wanted anything. Violet was proud of her dad, and she felt the pride while talking about him. He was someone who was raised as Rafe said, a Pogue. But now he was one of the most respected people in North Carolina if not even the most respected one.

"Okay, wow. Didn't expect that." He said and nervously laughed, his plans for hooking up with her completely out of the window. At least now wasn't the time. Vi started to feel the awkwardness surrounding them and decided that she has had enough of partying and talking to strangers for a day and was exhausted.

"Yeah." She said and stood up from her place next to Rafe. "I think I'm gonna head home, now. It was nice meeting you." She smiled and Rafe was just about to protest. When they heard the commotion. Rafe looked at her and then grabbed her hand dragging her with him towards the commotion.

"I'm gonna drown you like your father John B." A blonde boy shouted and kept the hand of another boy in the water, as the boy struggled. She escaped Rafe's hold and ran towards the two strangers. It was maybe the alcohol or the bullying that send her off towards them, but she was pissed off and she was probably gonna regret it, but she ran towards them, despite Rafe's shouting for her to come back. She poured her cup on the head of the boy who was drowning the other one. Shouting and punches being thrown behind her. Vi threw the cup in his face and the boy stood up, looking at her with his mouth agape and furry in his eyes, she felt her whole body become numb under the furious look in the boy's eyes.

"Topper!" A girl's voice was heard and he walked away, still looking at her completely confused, a gun shot rang through the air and she felt her body tremble but she still bend down to help the boy, she pulled his body towards her and held his head on top of the water.

"That's right! Get the hell out of our side of the island!" She heard a voice shout and another gun shot.

"Can somebody help me? He is dying!" She shouted and the three people left on the beach ran towards her. It was Kiara and the two of the three boys she saw at the wreck.

"Violet! That was badass." Kiara said as they pulled the boy out of the water.

"Is he breathing?" A dark skinned boy asked. She nodded.

"He is, he'll be okay." She said and stood up, her body soaking.

"Didn't you hear. Get the fuck away from our side of the island." The blonde blue eyes boy shouted at her. She nodded, and started to walk away, her head held low and looking at the ground.