¹⁴

"Do you seriously think, that she's doing this for us? She's doing this for herself, she's not helping us! Violet has not worked a day in her life and has this fucking car that's like 100k and drives it around without a fucking worry in the world!" JJ shouted at John B who just shook his head and just ignored him. But pope couldn't.

"JJ, the girl doesn't even know us, and she had invited us over, in her dad's office to research our shit, that she has zero to none knowledge of and even if she did, she's like the nicest girl I've known in like forever. Kie isn't even close to being as nice as she is."

"It's all a fucking act Pope! Coming with snacks to John B's house, to try and win is over, i see right through that shit." JJ said back. "She's doing this cause she just wants more money! That's who she and her people are! Money hungry freaks, okay Pope? All she cares about is the fucking cash! Not you, Not me, Not John B, not helping us and not even Kiara! Getting the G is all that she cares about."

"How do you know JJ? All you're talking is just bullshit,man. Everything. Even if you don't like her, even though I know that you do, you just always want to show your big badass act in front of everyone. Even if you don't like, you need to be respectful and not talk shit about her in her own damn house!" John B snapped at JJ, who was walking on his last nerve.

"There's nothing to like John B. She's so fucking basic that it even hurts to look at her, it physically hurts my eyes! Violet is fucking boring, and her mom was probably not the one keeping her at home, probably no one wanted to go anywhere with her or be associated with such a boring person as she is. She sounds like a fucking prude and.." he was going to continue but that's when he saw her and Kiara bursted through the open door, angrier than ever.

That night all Violet thought about was his words, everything he said was going through her mind, hurting her. She was exhausted, she just wanted to go home at this point, she wanted her routine and nothing more, at least there no one was judging her before even taking a chance to get to know her a little bit.

Her phone kept buzzing, notification after notification, she tried to ignore it but just looked at it quickly.

It was Kiara. She was asking if she was okay and sending her TikToks to make her feel better. And it worked.

Violet found herself looking at video after video on the stupid app, she had told herself that she would never install.

'Are you better? I smacked the shit out of him if it makes you feel better.'

'You didn't had to. He was right and I'm okay.' Kie send her another message but there was a knock on her front door, she slowly walked to it and saw Rafe, she opened it but what, made her heart jump in her chest was the van that was parked on the street, she saw the blond boy start to walk towards her house, but he saw Rafe and stopped. Rafe was talking about something but she wasn't really listening.

"Hey, what did you saw there? Is something wrong?" He asked and she quickly snapped out from her trance.

"Oh no, nothing. Just a cat. What's up Rafe?"

"Do you want to come with me Friday, watch a movie? There's this annual thing, where everyone gathers in the park and they play a movie?" She smiled sweetly.

"I'm gonna kindly decline, Rafe. I think I'm catching a cold or something, I'm not feeling that good, I'm sorry." She said and he looked disappointed.

"If you don't want to come you can just say that, you don't have to lie, Vi. We'll go another time." Vi smiled sweetly at the boy, but she really wasn't feeling it and her head was spinning.

"If I feel better tomorrow I'll let you know, Rafe." The boy smiled at her.

"Okay, neighbor. See you around." He said and turned around walking towards his yard. She waited till she got in his house and made her way towards JJ, who was still in the van. She ran quickly barefooted and looked at him through the open window. He looked guilty.

"Hey stranger." She said and he smiled softly at her. The wind that night was freezing, she hugged herself in her big tshirt. At least the ground was warm.

"Hey, Vi." He spoke quietly.

"What are you doing here? Stalking me so that I don't steal your money?" She chuckled and he looked at her. He cleared his throat and opened the door to the van, jumping out. He stood in front of her and had a playful smile on his face. He gave his hand towards her and she looked at it.

"Hello stranger, I'm JJ Maybank. What's your name?" She looked at him with a smile, and softly grabbed his hand, he shook their hands.

"Hello JJ Maybank, I'm Violet Snow. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you Violet Snow. Sorry for what happened earlier today, but we didn't know each other, now we do. Want to go on a little ride around town, to show you few spots since you're new here?"

"We just met Mr. Maybank, and I would kindly decline your offer, cause I don't just go out with strangers in the middle of the night." She said. Violet was dying to go. But he hurt her feelings, he was talking shit about her in her own home.

"Will you give this stranger a chance?"

"Maybe. When he's not high, and he decides that it'll be good to first have at least a conversation with someone before they start talking shit about them." She smiled at him and he looked angry, but not at her. He looked angry at himself. She patted his back and started to walk back to her house.

"See you around JJ." She shouted at him and quickly ran to her house, going in. He looked as she ran to her house and couldn't shake off the feeling he felt when he looked at her teary eyed and hurt from the shit he once again spoke out, so out of place.

He saw how she didn't even focus on what Rafe was saying when she laid eyes on him. But he also saw how Rafe was looking at her and it kinda pissed him off.

He was so angry at himself that he had let his mouth speak before his brain, once again.

Violet Snow, was not boring. She was fucking intriguing. They shared a conversation for about 2 minutes, and he couldn't stop thinking about her, for the remaining of the night. Every single thought that went through his mind was about her.