¹⁶

The boys stood at the dock and watched as Kie and Vi were swimming and doing funny faces at the drone's camera, the group was testing it to see if it was working okay.

"So like, do you still hate her?" JJ's eyes looked away from the screen in front of them.

"I never did." He said as she watched Vi on the screen, a little smile creeping in.

"Dude, you made her cry, she should hate you." JJ looked at Pope. He was right. JJ didn't deserve a second chance, he knew that he himself would probably not give someone who spoke with such hatred towards him another chance. But he didn't hated her. He didn't think he'll ever will.

"Why were they talking about Rafe? Is there something going on between them?" John B asked and the other two shrugged their shoulders.

JJ hoped that there wasn't as she watched Vi come to the surface followed by Kie, the girls laughed and in they went again, the conversation starting once again.

He watched as she was diving down, she looked devine and she definitely knew what she was doing, Kie was in the water everyday, but Vi looked gracious diving, she looked like a professional, someone who knew how it was done, and she was smoking hot.

"I saw him at her house the other night." JJ said still looking at her through the screen. The boys looked at him confused. John B and Pope shared a look.

"What were you doing there?" John B asked the boy.

"Iwenttheretoapologise." JJ murmured. They looked at him shocked.

"You did what?" Pope asked with a big smile.

"I went to apologize, alright!" He said again louder. "I went there and parked on the street, I stayed in the car for a while and then decided to finally go and he was there at her front door with the biggest smile I've ever seen, man. And I just stayed in the car, and she came and I apologised." He was going to continue, knowing that his friends wanted to hear about the apology in full detail, but the girl resurfaced closer to them this time.

"Is it working?" Vi shouted at the boys from the water. Pope gave a thumbs up.

"Perfectly!" He said and they swam to the little ladder and Kie walked up first, Vi followed her, the girls had big smiles on their faces. "We just need the right weather." Vi turned around and looked at the darkened sky. A storm was coming.

"And it's not today." She said and all of them nodded.

"Let's go before it starts raining." The boys started to pull up the drone while the girls were drying themselves and putting their clothes. A cold harsh breeze soon hit them and the little drops of water started falling from the sky. Vi started to run towards her bag and the dock was wet at this point, JJ was walking to his bag and Vi felt herself slipping on the slippery dock underneath her, she tried to stop herself but failed miserably she slid on her butt, knocking down JJ at the process who fell down knees first, and hissed. A loud explosion of laughter was heard as JJ grunted, Vi tried not to laugh but she couldn't control it. She bursted out laughing followed by JJ.

"I'm sorry." She said through tears who had fallen down from too much laughing. JJ chuckled at her with a big smile and helped her up.

"That was the funniest shit I've seen for the longest fucking time!" Pope said still laughing. Vi giggled and looked at JJ, who was already looking at her.