³⁵

Violet laid back in her seat as she finally got into her car. Tonight was a rollercoaster. Everything in the last two days was happening quick and it was too much for her. She saw JJ fall apart in front of her, got a gun held to her head, and now John B was nowhere to be found and she was exhausted. She tried not to think about it all at once, but she couldn't help herself, she was an over thinker. Violet quickly started her car and turned the music up hoping that it would help her with the thoughts but it wasn't working, she felt herself step on the gas pedal and quickly taking off with her tires spinning and throwing little rocks. She opened her window and just drove. She was lost in her thoughts, and was close to Figure 8, and started to slowly let go of the gas, the car slowly slowing down. Violet saw a shadow of a man in the distance and all of a sudden he jumped in front of her car. Violet quickly jumped on the breaks. When the car jolted to a stop she just stood there wide eyed, looking at the man in front of her car.

It was Rafe. Violet felt the rage overwhelm her and she quickly put her car to park and opened her door. Her heart was thumping hard against her chest, her head was hurting and she almost just killed Rafe. She was mad.

She jumped out of her car and quickly walked to Rafe and pushed him hard.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She shouted at him, her headlights illuminating the sides of their faces.

"Violet. The question is what the fuck are you doing!" She looked at him with narrowed eyebrows. She took a deep breath, knowing damn well that you better be talking to Rafe nicely. That's what Kiara told her. Kiara said that she was thinking that Rafe was bipolar.

"Rafe. I almost ran you over. Why did you jump in front of my car?" She said and looked at him Rafe was biting on his finger, he looked to be in distress. "Are you okay?" Rafe started shaking his head very quickly and walked closer to her. Violet was intimidated but she didn't move an inch.

"Violet. Why." He started but stopped and shook his head once again. "Why did you steal from Barry?" Violet looked at him with narrowed eyebrows, trying to play dumb, but it was a matter of sooner or later that he found out.

"What are you talking about? I didn't." She said, Rafe's face twitched and he pointed at her, his finger very close to the skin on her face.

"Don't." He said and shook his head. "Don't lie to me." Violet slapped the finger away something that she wouldn't have done if her mind wasn't clouded with rage.

"I'm not lying. I'm going home." She said and turned around, she felt the pull on her arm from behind her and quickly turned around. Violet pushed Rafe hard. "Don't, touch me!" Rafe quickly got in her face and pulled her closer to himself. Violet felt that her breathing stopped for a second and that her heart was thumping so hard that she was sure that it was about to jump out if her rip cage and run away.

He felt his hand on the back of her neck, she tried to protest but he went to her ear anyway.

"You own him 25k. I know what you all did, he already told me, there's no need to lie to me, okay. I know that they're manipulating you and corrupting you, you should finally see it, before I go and talk to your dad." Violet found the strength to push him back a lot harder than the last two times. Rafe stumbled back.

"Are you high?" Violet asked, she saw Rafe's impression change in a matter of second and he charged at her again, going straight to her throat, Violet felt his strong hand wrap around her, and she let out a little yelp. He stood there shaking with rage, the drugs clearly working. He looked like a manic and Violet was scared. She tried to kick him, but she couldn't kick hard enough, he wasn't bulging. She dug her nails in his arm but that didn't seem to work.