²²

"Hey dad. Are you home?"

"I'll be home tonight, honey. You didn't forget that Midsummer's tomorrow right?" Violet mentally cussed at herself.

"I uh. I totally did." She said and heard her dad giggle.

"It's okay. I've got you a present anyway. Why did you called? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah yeah. Everything's fine dad. Do you know someone who can fix boilers?" Her dad went silent.

"What? Why?"

"I uhm. John B doesn't have hot water, and he hasn't had hot water for like 6 months, now and yeah." There was silence once again.

"Did he make you call me?" Vi  narrowed her brows.

"No, dad. He's not even here. It's just something i want to do for them, you know that his dad's missing, he doesn't have anyone to fix it for him."

"Okay, Violet. I'll call someone. Are you there, now?"

"Yep."

"Alright. Stay there, I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks dad, it literally means so much." Axel only said that it's okay. He seemed off. "Dad?"

"Yep."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Totally. Just make sure that they aren't using you, okay?" Violet narrowed her eyebrows. Using her? For what?

"Dad, no one is using me, okay?"

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes dad. Don't talk like that. You know them."

Axel knew them, he knew that they were good kids, he was the one who taught JJ how to surf, and he knew that he was a good kid or was. He doesn't  know him now. He just wanted his daughter happy and knew that she was going to do anything for everyone who asked. He just didn't wanted her to be used. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Alright, I'll send Joe over. He'll be there in few minutes." Violet smiled big.

"Thank you, dad."

"And just know that it's fine to say no."

"Dad, I've been saying no to everything in my life so far. It'a okay no one is using me, I promise."

"Okay, Violet. I'll be home at 7. Be there okay?"

"Okay, dad! I love you, have a good day!" 

"Love you."

Axel ended the call and Violet laid again in the hammock, looking at the water. She smiled, she felt happy. Truly happy. She snapped a picture of the view and then herself and send it to her father. He saw them immediately and reacted with a heart.

'Truly happy.' The caption said and Axel couldn't help but feel so proud. Of her and of himself. Cause when she was back in California, she would never send him any pictures with a smile, there were a few but all of them were faked. She was smiling for the picture and in this one, she was smiling in it. The proud father quickly changed the lockscreen of his phone, to the most recent picture she send him and smiled,   texting Joe the details.

♡♡♡

"Joe you're a live saver!" Said Violet with a bug grin, when warm water started to pour from the sink.

"No problem, Miss Violet!" Joe said with a big smile. "If there's a problem, just tell your dad, and I'll come, okay?" Violet nodded with a big smile.

"Thank you so much. Have a good day Joe! It was nice seeing you."

"Thank you, miss Violet!" Joe shouted and waved as he drove away. Violet smiled like she was the one who just fixed the problem. She quickly ran in the house, and tidied up the living room. Hung the big white sheet, perfectly and started to wash the dishes, who at this point were so many, she didn't knew where to start. Violet knew that the guys would show up soon, so she was trying to wash them as fast as possible. Violet only had few left, when her phone started ringing. She saw Kie's name and cussed. She wouldn't be able to finish the cleaning, they were on their way. Violet pressed the green button.

"You guys coming?"

"Vi. JJ just got arrested!" Kie shouted sounding spooked and confused.

"What?" Violet almost shouted. She felt her body freeze. "Got arrested! For what?"

"I'm on my way, to you now. Grab yours or mine?"

"Take mine." She said and Kie said okay and ended the call.

She knew that this was going to happen, she told him that the cameras were working, completely fine, but he didn't listen. She was completely out of her mind right now. He got arrested? Were they going to press charges? Will he get out? Will he go to jail? Will they give him years? Will he have a bail? How high was it gonna be? What if they find the gun? Put him behind bars?

All of the damn possibilities were running through her head.

She stood beside John B's house inpatient while she waited for Kie. Violet saw her white Jeep come down the street and soon stop next to her. Kie jumped out and ran to her hugging her.

"Kie what's happening?"

"I'm not sure if he's getting out of this one, Vi."

"How much is the bail?" Violet asked ready to give her life savings to JJ. The boy who treated her badly, and was just starting to talk to.

"A lot Vi. 10k at least." Vi swore under her breath. She didn't have that much.

"Jesus." Vi said and Kie jumped in the car again. Violet walked to the driver's side and jumped in also.

"Why were they being so stupid! What were they thinking? Pope is grounded for life, JJ is in fucking prison!" Vi just groaned and ran a hand through her hair.

"They clearly weren't. What about his dad, do you think he'll get him out?" Kie shook her head and Vi looked at her confused. "Why wouldn't he?"

"That's a whole lot of money. And even if he had them, he wouldn't spend them on JJ." She said and Vi looked even more confused. "Can you drop me off to get my dad's car? He found out and wants me home. He's pissed." Vi nodded and started the car.

"I'll go see JJ later." Kie nodded and they started their way towards Heywards again. Violet dropped Kie off and started her way towards the Police Station, she parked her car and walked out, looking around. She was pissed and scared.

She saw a car parked down the street and saw a boy and a man walk in it. She immediately recognised the golden locks of JJ, she smiled but her smile quickly froze. She saw the man, who was probably his dad turn towards him and punch him in the face. Violet gasped and saw as the man punched again.

She ran in her car and started driving towards the rocking car. He was hitting him so hard that the car was rocking back and forth. She slowed her car down and started honking at the man, made sure he couldn't see her. She pulled up behind him, and started honking, without stopping, just pressing it down hard. Good thing he was parked in a marked spot.

"Jesus! I'm going!" He shouted through the open window and soon enough started the car and drove off.

At least she stopped him from hitting JJ.