⁴²

Someone clearing their throat from behind them shook them out of the little kiss that had turned into a little make out session. JJ jumped away from Violet and quickly turned around, facing Pope. Violet felt her cheeks heat up once again and could hear the police sirens again, when she was kissing JJ she felt as if she was in a trance.

"Um. He's pinched for sure, man." JJ said and put the hat back on his head, giving a hand to Vi. She took it and stood up, standing next to him.

"They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope said and played it as of he hadn't seen anything with a little smile playing on his face.

"I hope so." Vi said and they heard Kie's voice.

"We were in that car, they are probably looking for us too." Pope didn't look at her which was weird.

"So if we're outlaws we might as well help John B." Vi narrowed her eyebrows and looked at him.

"We're gonna find him before they do?" Violet asked and Pope grabbed the keys to JJ's bike.

"I'm gonna go get gas for the boat." He said and walked to the door.

"Be careful, okay?" Kie said and Pope just looked at her, then turned towards Vi and JJ.

"Meet me at the dock at 3. Don't be late." He said and ran out. Vi and JJ shared a confused look. What was happening? Kie looked at them, licked her lips and ran off after him. Vi and JJ stood there stunned.

"I think we're missing something." JJ said and Vi nodded, he put a hand on her lower back guiding her towards the door. "Come on." They walked to the little balcony and just watched as Kie ran towards Pope.

"What is your problem?" She shouted at him, as he got onto the bike.

"No problem officer. Just doing my job." Pope revved the engine when Kie talked, so JJ and Vi didn't heard anything.

"What was that?" Pope asked and kept on revving the engine. Violet shook her head, this was fucking childish. Pope took off and just as Kie started to walk towards them, they heard the helicopter. Vi looked up.

"Who the hell is that?" Vi was hoping that it wasn't who she thought it was.

"I really hope that it's not the SBI." She said and all of them looked at each other.

They were fucked.

The trio had prepared food for Sarah and John B and their 2 weeks boat ride. While they were preparing it, Kie was telling them about hers and Pope's conversation.

"I really think that I hirt his feelings." She said and Vi nodded.

"You probably did, but it will be alright." Vi said and JJ looked at her, if it was himself he wouldn't say just that but she put it pretty simply for her.

JJ opened the back doors and threw the things in there. That's when Kie's mom showed up.

"Kiara. What are you doing? Where have you been!" She shouted at her daughter. Vi and JJ felt so out of place right now. He slowly got into the back seats and closed the doors. Violet tried to make sure that her mother didn't see her. But she did.

"Is that Violet? Violet your dad's been calling me and we three were worried fucking sick for you guys! What the fuck are you doing?"

"Mom, we gotta help John B. We have to go. I'm sorry." Kie said and jumped into the car quickly closing the door. The two of them started shouting to each other, Kie's mom was banging on the window, Kie was shouting back that she was sorry and just quickly drove off. Vi's heart was beating hard in her chest, she looked at JJ, knowing damn well that he hated things like that, he was looking at his feet his head in his hands. She put a hand on his head and shuffled his hair.

"You okay?" She asked and JJ nodded. Kiara quickly drove towards his house so that he could get the keys and when they stopped Vi looked at JJ who had watery eyes.

"Want us to come?" Vi asked and JJ shook his head.

"I'll be quick." He said and jumped out of the car, he definitely didn't wanted to go in there and was scared of what was about to happen.

"So. Are you two finally together?" Kie asked and Vi looked at her with a little smile, shaking her head no.

"We just kissed." Kie squealed with excitment.

"Finally!" Vi giggled and looked towards the house. JJ was still in there, she was kinda scared.

"Why aren't you giving Pope a chance?" Kie looked down at her feet.

"We just want different things, and plus we are friends. We have rules." Vi looked at her and chuckled.

"No pogue on pogue macking? I'm sorry but that's fucking bullshit. Do you like him?" Kie shrugged her shoulders. "You don't have to know, but one day you just wake up and start to feel different about him and it's weird. One moment you hate him, the next you look at him everytime you see each other and start to eye scan for new bruises and it breaks your heart when you see one. Everytime you see him hurt you want to beat someone with a bat. You want to put yourself in their shoes so that they wouldn't feel the damn pain that they go through, even for a day to give him peace. It's fucking weird." Kie looked at her and smiled.

Violet loved JJ, she cared very deeply for him. And Kie couldn't be happier.

They saw JJ walk out of the house with a weird expression, Violet's eyes once again scanning the visible parts of his body for bruises. There were none, she sighed and looked at him as he jumped in the car.

"You okay? What happened?" Vi asked and JJ just showed them the keys.

"Let's go."