³⁸

Violet kept her hands on her head while she was kneeled down, her head has started to hurt at this point and she had no idea what was happening with John B, her anxiety and thoughts quickly took over her making her tremble with the thought of all of the possibilities and in that moment all of them were negative. A plane was heard in the distance and she heard the footsteps of her friends going to the front of the little shed they were in to look up at it. Completely heart broken, exhausted and angry.

"There goes the gold." Violet heard angry JJ say and a big crash close to her shook her out of her trance, she quickly jumped up from the sound and looked around, Pope was going berserk. He was shouting and throwing things around, kicking trash making a lot of noise. He found a bat and grabbed smashing it on an old tv, glass shattering and flying everywhere. Vi looked at him with wide eyes, it was about time something like this happened. He grabbed a trash can that was laying around and threw with force in her direction, she yelped and moved away, the trash can crashed against the wall behind her and she looked at it, then at Pope. She just stood there with a wide opened mouth and slowly blinked. Pope finally stopped trashing around and started hyperventilating, he sat down on a little old dirty sofa and just closed his eyes breathing hard.

Vi and JJ looked at each other and she nodded, meaning that she was okay. Vi slowly started to walk towards the sofa and sat on the back of it, JJ following behind.

"Yeah dude." He said sounding almost encouraging, JJ knew what it felt like to be overwhelmed and sometimes a good trashing around and breaking stuff is the only thing that actually helps you, and Pope had a lot on his damn plate right now. "I was wondering when this was gonna happen." He said and walked towards Pope. Kie looked at him confused. The blond boy pulled out his vape pen and gave it forwards to Pope. "Here you go chief. A little weed never hurt no one." Violet noticed that Kie looked very uncomfortable, more than Pope did.

"JJ." She started but he quickly shut it off by saying to her to relax. "You know he doesn't smoke" She continued with a weird expression. Pope looked up at JJ and then at the pen quickly grabbing it. Violet giggled.

"Maybe not until today." She said and patted Pope on the back. JJ jumped next to him on the couch and fixed the hat on his head, Pope was still looking at the pen not sure what to do next.

"Pope." Kie said once again. "What is that gonna help?"

"I lost my scholarship, walked out in the middle of the interview. Every." Pope started and gulped hard looking at the ground then back up at Kie. "It's gone. It's not happening."

"You did that for us?" Kie asked her voice breaking. Pope stood up.

"Not for us. For nothing." JJ and Vi looked at each other and he nodded, standing up and putting an arm around Pope's shoulders.

"I feel you Pope." He said and patted Pope's chest. "Welcome to my world." Kiara shook her head.

"JJ." She started but Vi noticed that JJ was sick of it.

"What Kie?" He spat at her. "He's right." Pope grabbed the pen and took a drag.

"You don't have to do that." Kie said and Violet heard little step behind her, she quickly turned around as Pope was still talking to Kie. Violet gasped as she saw her friend covered in blood.

"John B!" She said and all of the others quickly ran to them. Violet put a hand on his back and looked at him. He didn't look good.

"Is this yours?"

"Who's blood is that?" A question after question was thrown into John B's direction but he looked like he was in shock, so he didn't answer them. Police sirens were heard in the distance and all of them shared a look. Violet felt a hand grab hers and they quickly ran behind the couch and kneeled down. She looked at JJ with wide eyes, he could see the stress in them, he put a hand on the back of her neck and pulled her close to him planting a kiss on her forehead. She looked up into his eyes and he nodded.

"It's okay." He whispered as she just hugged him tight. He smiled as she buried her head in his chest. She was scared, the anxiety was eating her alive right now. She had no idea what was going to happen from now on. In the moment it felt like everything was falling apart around them.