²⁹

Violet jumped in her bed, she was just enjoying her show, almost asleep when her phone woke her up. She quickly jumped out of her bed, grabbing her phone, hoping that it hadn't woken her dad up, cause he had to wake up at 4am and on her phone, it currently read 12:03am. She saw Kiara and quickly picked up.

"Hi Kie. What's up." She whispered.

"Are you asleep?"

"Close to it, Kie." Moving around was heard and Kie protesting.

"We're outside. Wear something black." John B said and the call ended. Vi narrowed her eyebrows and walked to the window, she could see the van parked in front of her house on the street. She was still grounded and it was after dark so the gate was closed. She cussed at herself, feeling the anxiety build up inside of her. How was she going to get out without waking her father up? Violet cursed under her breath and opened her closet, getting a black hoodie, she was wearing a sports bra, put the hoodies on, jumped in some black sweats, and opened her door, quietly. Violet walked slowly down the stairs and to the front door, she unlocked the door quickly without much noise, her hands shaking while she turned the key, holding in her breath, but when the door clicked she finally took a breath and smiled, opening the door, she closed it, then locked it and quickly ran of. She ran to the gate with her arms in the air, which had a meaning of a 'what the fuck'.

Violet looked at the gate and the high, brick wall. She cursed under her breath and ran faster, jumping up, she got a hold of the top and helped herself up with her legs. She managed to get up and quickly jumped down, groaning when her feet hit the ground and someone opened the van door and she ran straight in, she plopped down onto a seat and sighed deeply. She ran a hand through her hair and closed her eyes. The guys were cheering her on.

"I'm going to murder every single one of you I swear." She whispered and Pope patted her back.

"That's what I keep saying everyday, Vi. No one believes me."

"We'll just do it together Pope. So." Vi said and finally looked at all of them. She saw that both Kie and Sarah were there so she smiled. "What the fuck!" She said and all of the laughed.

"We have a lead Vi."

"On?"

"The G game!" JJ said excited. She didn't look at him, she couldn't bring herself to. She was mad at him still. John B stopped the van shortly after JJ's answer. Violet looked outside. They were outside of a very old and very dark building.

"So what are we doing at some creepy ass house?"

"Don't tell her the story guys, please." Violet looked at Pope with raised eyebrows.

"What story?" They all looked at each other.

"There's no story, okay?" John B said and she looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Very hard to believe John B. You're not very convincing."

"Tell you later okay?" Vi nodded her head.

"Alright. Let's go get these weeds in the water." Violet looked at them confused, but decided not to question them.

"Weed? I'm up for that." John B stopped them from opening the door.

"I just want to say guys, thanks for doing this for me." They all smiled at the boy.

"Always Jombe." Violet said and JJ opened the doors, one by one they jumped out of the van, running to the stone wall, and jumping it.

They slowly moved towards the house when all of a sudden a bright light shone on them, they looked panicked at each other and quickly dashed towards the nearest trees and kneeled down, Violet's heart was thumping hard in her chest. Everyone around her was cursing, she felt her legs starting to shake and once again almost unnoticeable, JJ put a hand on her thigh and squeezed lightly. She always felt the electricity move from his fingers to her skin, every damn time he touched her. Violet looked at him and even though she was mad at him, he gave her the comfort that she all so needed. He just smiled at her and let go of her thigh. She felt her cheeks warm up.

"She has motion sensor lights!"

"We can move really slowly." JJ suggested and they all looked at him weirdly.

"That's not how it works JJ." Vi said with a little smile on her face.

"We can throw a rock at it." John B said and all of the weird looks turned his direction.

"Throw a rock at it? We might as well go knock on the front door."

"There's breaker on the porch. We used to play hide and seek here! I've seen it." Said Sarah and all of them looked at her. John B quickly protested.

"I'll tag along." Vi said and JJ started shaking his head.

"No damn way! Krane chops people into pieces!"violet quickly turned and looked at him then at everyone else. They all looked mad at him.

"She does what, now?" Violet whisper shouted at them. "You just made me drop the new The Walking dead season to break into a Lizzie Borden wannabe's house!" She started freaking out.

"Violet! She's like eighty-five! She's barely kicking. Come on I'll come too." Sarah told John B to be careful and the girls made their way, around the light and got onto the porch. Sarah perked up to see where the braker was and they noticed that it wasn't on the porch, it was going inside the house.

"Fuck." The girls mounted and Violet looked around seeing an open window. She pointed at it and they walked to it. They made their way inside the house through the window, Sarah was following the wire and she quickly grabbed it pulling hard. The lights turned off. The boys saw that it got turned off and ran down to the basement. The girls looked at each other smiling and that's when the big thud came. And before they could move Mrs. Krane was already walking down the dark stairs.

"Charles! I know you're here!" She said and the girls held their palms to their mouths. Violet was shaking with fear, but the woman was blind, what would she do to them, if she doesn't hear them?

But unfortunately they backed up next to the fireplace knocking some thins over, the woman turned to look at them. She had white glazed over eyes and an open mouth. They started screaming  all of them stated running in different directions.

Violet was fucking panicked. She wanted to just crawl into a corner and stay there, but she couldn't she saw the woman next to Kie and Sarah who looked like they were about to poop their pants. Violet grabbed the metal thing from the fireplace and quickly threw it in the kitchen, which was the furthest away and the woman followed it. What they didn't expect was for her to have a firearm in the kitchen, they hard the coking and shared a look, quickly running down to the basement.

"Guys! Let's fucking go! We have to go now!" Sarah said as they ran down the stairs, John B was still in the well. Violet looked confused at them then jumped behind Pope helping JJ to pull John B.

Mrs. Crane opened the door and started shooting her firearm, they almost dropped John B, but quickly got a hold of the rope back and started pulling even harder. They quickly got him out and ran away, with Mrs. Crane still shooting around like a maniac. As they ran the watch on her left wrist started beeping, signaling that her heart bat was going through the roof. They ran back to the van, JJ jumping at the driver's seat with everyone else on the back.

"Jesus Fucking Christ!" Violet said and they all looked at her, she looked pissed. "What the fuck did we just do!" She asked and started laughing, everyone else followed her.

"The bitch can't aim." Sarah said and they started laughing even harder.

"Guys." John B said and they all looked at him. He started reaching for his pocket and JJ stepped on the breaks. Making them stumble in the back. He turned around to look at John B. The boy got something covered in mud from his pocket and cleaned with some dirty towel laying around in the back.

"We found the gold." He said and all of them looked at the gold bar in his hands. JJ jumped from the driver's seat and landed on top of John B, he pulled everyone in for a hug and they just started laughing and jumping from happiness, they felt alive. Violet felt at home here. All of them were so ecstatic of the find that they just couldn't believe it still.

They were still shouting and having a little dance break in the van, still in shock and in disbelief that they indeed fucking found the gold.

But now what?