²³

Violet got to her house at around 5. She just drove around going out of town, trying to clear her mind. When she got home, her dad was still not there. She took a shower and started watching 'Anne with an E' on the big tv. She was making pasta, and waiting for the pasta to boil, while she made the sauces. She was watching and cooking, another way of chilling. She loved cooking.

Ever since she was little, when she got to spend time with her dad, they were cooking together. Their favourite thing to do was cook, and their favourite thing to cook was pasta.

In about an hour the pasta was done, she sat on the couch to wait for her dad. Her stomach was growling and when she started to watch the show, that's when the thoughts overwhelmed her again. She was thinking of JJ, who was at least out of prison now, but was back with his dad, who just beat him in his fucking car next to a police station. Of John B, who was still not picking his phone, of Pope, what if he never gets the scholarship. And of herself cause it was mid July and she had to get back home in September. She didn't wanted to. The front door opening woke her up from her toxic trance. And she jumped up. Violet ran to her dad and just hugged him close. She felt the tears wanting to come out, but she didn't let them. Axel was confused but he gladly hugged her back with a big smile on his face.

"You missed me that much?" Violet nodded and buried her head in his chest again.

"I made pasta." She said and looked at her dad who grinned.

"I was dying to hear those words. I'll just go take a shower and I'll be right back, okay?" Violet nodded her head and watched as he walked up the stairs, Spenser felt her looking and looked at her, stopping in the middle of the stairs. 

"Violet? Is everything okay? You look." He started. "You look like something's bothering you." She shook her head.

"I'm fine dad. That's just how I look." He nodded his head, knowing better then to question and dig deeper. She will tell him, when she wanted to.

"Alright. I'll be right back." She nodded and went to put the pasta into plates and left them on the table and quickly found a movie and opened her phone.

She opened TikTok and started scrolling. 

Violet got a notification from an unknown number and looked at it.

'What were you doing there? I didn't needed your help." The text read. She quickly understood who it was from.

'I came to see you JJ. I saw what was happening and just interfered.'

'You shouldn't have. Not your place, Violet.' She sighed deeply. He was right. It wasn't.

'I'm sorry.' She send and closed her phone. He was right. It wasn't her damn place, but she couldn't just stand there, while he was getting beaten up, either.

"Violet? Can you come up here please." The voice of her father shook her out of her trance. She stood up with a sigh, putting her phone on the table and walked up the stairs, she saw her door opened and the lights on and her dad, with his back to the door. She walked in.

"Yes?" Axel turned around with a big smile on his face and a dress in his hands. She looked at him confused.

"Midsummer's tomorrow. I brought you something." He gave forwards the dress and Violet took it slowly. It was a pretty baby blue color. It had little stars and crabs and fishes. It was beautiful. She smiled big and jumped at her dad, hugging him tight.

"I love it!" She squeaked out of excitment.

"Really?" She started nodding her head with the biggest smile on her face, he has ever seen.

"Yes dad! It's so beautiful!"

The night ended with daughter and father in front of the tv laughing their asses off to yet another Adam Sandler movie they had seen for the millionth time and Violet felt happy. She truly did.