³⁴

"So what now? We just go up to the door and ask 'Have you seen John B'?" JJ asked as Violet stood close to him in the boat. They were currently on Ward Cameron's deck. From where she was stood she could see the lights in her house were on. And she hadn't been home in a day, two now and she was scared of what was going to happen when she gets home.

"We could've just stayed at mine like I told you guys." Vi said and Kie shook her head. She was irritated and she had the bad habbit of making everyone around her irritated when she was.

"He lives at Tanny Hill now. It's plausible, we could play dumb. Or we could send the only other kook in, you know." Vi raised her eyebrows at her.

"Actually there are two other Kooks on this boat, so why don't you just go in there?" Vi spat back at her and Kie raised her eyebrows at her ready to bite back.

"It's pretty fucking late." Pope said and Kie moved her gaze towards him.

"I've never seen him like this! We should honestly be going to the cops."

"And say what?" Vi asked and JJ quickly joined in.

"We're worried about our friend, cause he's been on a rampage, cause Ward Cameron killed Big John? They're not gonna believe us."

"I see Ward." Pope said while he held fhe binoculars to his eyes. Kie quickly grabbed them from his hands and looked in herself. Vi felt herself shaking her leg in anxiety again. JJ put a hand on her leg and gave her a reassuring smile, she smiled back shyly.

"Doesn't look dead to me. Let's go home." Pope said ready to go home. All of them were.

"What!" Kie shouted at him.

"Obviously Mr. Cameron is fine and even if John B was here he isn't now. And plus I have the biggest moment of my life in like 6 hours." Kie looked mad. Vi felt JJ's hand squeeze her thigh harder, everything was about to become worse with an unnecessary  drama.

"Our friend is in trouble!"

"I'm in trouble!" Pope spat back at her. "I haven't been home in three days! My dad's probably put all my shit in the street by now!" Vi was hoping that hers hasn't done the same yet.

"So that's it huh? You're just gonna bail." JJ stood up and walked around in a circle and stood tall next to Vi again.

"Can we not do this right now?" He asked while running a hand through his hair. The air around them was tense. You could cut the tension off with scissors.

"I have a scholarship interview in the morning I can't." Pope started and Kie quickly interrupted him.

"What about John B?" Vi looked up at JJ and started shaking her head. All of this was becoming too much. Pope looked at Kie and scoffed.

"Why is it always about John B?" Kie chuckled.

"It's not always about John B! You're so stupid!" She shouted at him and pointed at everyone. "It would be all of you in this situation."

"Bullshit." Vi groaned and stood up.

"Guys.' She started but quickly got interrupted.

"This is about friendship!" Kiara yelled out and Violet looked at Ward'a house, by this point there was no way in hell he hadn't heard the commotion outside. 

"Bring it down." JJ said as he had read her thoughts.

"This is about pogues for life!" She shouted again completely ignoring everyone, but herself.

"What about forensic pathology?"

"Forensic pathology?" Kie asked Pope like he was insane, like forensic pathology was a child's play. Vi was getting agitated.

"It's everything I've wanted and worked for. It's my life."

"That's your fucking priority?" Kie shouted at Pope now getting in his face.

"Of course it's his priority. Stop the moral high ground bullshit Kiara." Vi stepped in, talking over Kiara politely. Her head hurting at this point.

"Vi. Come on." JJ said hoping that this useless conversation would just end.

"No!" Pope said and Kiara looked at him once again.

"Excuse me?"

"No! She has no room to talk! Where were you when Big John went missing?" Pope asked lowering his voice and getting in her face. "You weren't there. You weren't there for John B. You weren't there for any of us. Remember your kook year?" Kie looked hurt.

"Oh. Give me a break." She shouted back ay Pope who scoffed.

"Yeah you forgot about us! Now you feel guilty." Kie wuickly charged at Pope and they started having a little fight. Screaming and Violet were sure that a few slaps and punches were thrown. Her and JJ quickly got in between them. JJ looked at both of them, hurt and exhausted and completely done with this bullshit of a conversation.

"If I'm the one mediating we've hit rock bottom! Come on I'll drop you all off."