¹⁸

"Dad! I'm home!" Vi shouted and closed the door behind her.

"Finally! I've missed you like crazy!" She walked to the kitchen and saw her dad, he was making pasta. She sniffed and groaned.

"It smells amazing!"

"Home made pesto pasta for my one and only daughter! And we're gonna watch a movie and laugh at Adam Sandler and talk about boys!" Vi laughed out loud and grabbed the plate her father gave her.

Axel closed the curtains which made the room dark, they plopped themselves on the big sofa and he hit play.

The father and daughter watched the movie and ate their pasta, when they were done, they really did talk about boys.

"So do you like someone?" Vi gulped hard.

"No." Her father looked at her with a weird look.

"No? So you're telling me that you hang out with JJ Maybank, and you don't like him?" Vi just giggled. "That boy is pretty, Violet."

"I mean he is. But he is just a friend dad." Her dad made an mhm sound.

"So you like Rafe then? How did the date go?"

"It was good dad. He took me on his dad's boat and we watched a movie."

"You watched a movie, oookay. I know the slang for that." Vi made a sound.

"Jesus, dad! No slang just we watched a movie!"

"So do you like him?"

"As a friend I do."

"And does he know that?"

"What?"

"That it's only as a friend."

"I mean yeah."

"You literally have the two boys, everyone's drooling on, drooling on you." Vi looked at him and shook her head.

"They're literally not."

"Literally not what? The prettiest? Or drooling on you? Cause they're doing both." Vi groaned and stood up.

"I'm retreating back to my room, dad. I don't want to talk about boys, with you."

"Oookay. Run away than." She shook her head with a little giggle and ran up the stair. "You can run but the truth always catches up to you!" He shouted at her.

"What does that even mean?" She laughed out loud and ran in her room. And when she saw the weather, she froze. The sky was black. The wind was shaking her windows and the lightning was seen in the distance.

"Fuck." She said to herself and quickly got dressed in the first clothes she saw. And quickly texted Kie, who didn't answer. She was worried sick. She felt the anxiety and her fingers started shaking, while she texted her a second time.

Vi ran down the stairs, only carrying her phone and car keys.

"Violet? Where are you going?" Her dad walked to her as she put her shoes on.

"Going to John B's dad."

"There's a storm coming Violet? It'll be storming for a few days." Vi nodded and tied her shoes.

"I'll get there before it starts, I'll be okay dad." He looked at her and she looked worried.

"Call me when you get there okay. And text me if you'll be coming home, I have business in Charleston again, for a few days. There's money in the monkey jar in the cabinet above the fridge." He pulled his daughter close and kissed her forehead.

"Love you dad. Thank you." Vi said and ran out the door, the rain falling hard, she quickly jumped in, and started her car.

Axel stood at the door and watched as his daughter took of, very quickly. Something was wrong.

Vi pulled over to John B's house and jumped out. The boat still wasn't there. She put her hood on and walked to the little dock, she looked in the distance and felt the worry wash off when she saw the boat. JJ soon enough pulled the boat in the dock and Vi took the bags Kie gave forwards. John B jumped from the boat angry and ran in the house. Vi looked from him to the others, who shrugged their shoulders.

"What's wrong? You fucking scared me guys." She said and helped Kie down, while JJ and Pope jumped down with the other stuff.

"We found the royal merchant." Pope said with a smile.

"Really! Was there anything there?"

"It has become an apartment complex for fish." JJ said and all of them walked to the house, soaked by this point once again.

"There was no gold there." Kie said as JJ opened the door for them.

"Maybe it's on land. No one said that it would still be on the ship." Vi said and the shook their heads.

"Everyone on the ship died. No way it's on land." John B said from the far back.

"Well, we still almost died, wanna get drunk?" JJ said as all of them nodded.

They continued with the fun from the day before. Vi looked at her phone and the time. She decided to once again go home and spend the remaining day with her dad.

"Imma head home, guys." The laughing stopped.

"Why?" JJ asked and stood up.

"Dad's going out of town for a few days and I haven't seen him much, since I've been here."

"Okay, Vi. Text me later!" Kie said and Vi nodded with a smile.

"See you guys!" She said and opened the door, she heard the see you laters and walked to her car.

She ran in, cause it was still raining. She heard a knock on her window and looked up. JJ stood there getting soaked, she unlocked the car and JJ ran to the other side, opening the door and jumping in.

"Hi." She said and smiled at him shyly.

"Hi, Vi." He looked awkward. "Uhm. You want to come with us to OBX movie night?" Vi looked at him, JJ ran a hand through his wet hair, and he looked down, licking his lips. He was beautiful, he was so fucking beautiful.

"Yeah. Sounds nice." He looked up shocked.

"Really?" She nodded with a smile. "Okay. Text you the details!" He said and jumped out of the car. Vi giggled as the boy ran in, she started her car and turned her car around with a smile on her face. She saw someone running in the mirror and it was JJ. She stopped her car and lowered her window down. He came running and gave his phone forwards. She looked at it confused.

"What's wrong JJ?"

"I still don't have your number." She chuckled and grabbed the phone typing in her numbers as quickly as possible. Cause the boy was soaking wet and the wind was cold. She gave him the phone back and he smiled widely.

"You're soaking. Get back in." She said and JJ nodded.

"Okay, boss." He said and ran back in. Vi laughed out load and then drove herself back home.

She stooped her car and ran in her house. The TV was turned on, she walked in the living room and saw her dad drinking a beer, watching Top Gun.

"Hi dad!" She said running up the stairs.

"Hi, daughter." She quickly changed out of her clothes and ran back in jumping on the sofa. Axel laughed and pulled his daughter close. They watched the movie and soon enough her dad started snoring. Vi laughed and stood up, throwing a blanket on her dad and walked back in her room. She took a shower and laid in her bed, soon enough she was out.