³⁷

"We go in there guns-a-blazing, make Ward Cameron beg for his life." JJ grabbed the gun and started loading it up, everyone looked at him weirdly, Violet tried to grab it but he quickly pointed at her and turned away from her. "Abscond with as much gold as possible and vámonos, get the hell out of there"

Send that shit down the Intercoastel!" John B said excited making everyone smile.

"Wait for weather" Kie continued. Vi quickly joined in. Pope did too they talked over each other.

"Exit to Cuba!" Pipe shouted just as Vi shouted that they should exit to Mexico.

"Cuba?" JJ asked and turned around hiding the gun from Violet and he looked at them and pointed at her. "Vi's right, Xcalak, jewel of the Yucatan. Lobsters so thick, mangoes and no fucking word for money!" He shouted excitment pouring out of him.

"Let's do this shit."

John B parked the van next to the big fence that stood all around the private airstrip. All of them quickly jumped out of the van running to it. Violet looked at the people at the airstrip, she wasn't so hyped as she was before. There was no way that they could get to the gold, without getting arrested.

"So. What's the plan." She asked the dreaded question.

"Broad strokes?" Kie asked. Pope got the binoculars out looking through them.

"I don't think we got that far." John said his excitment slowly dying down.

"That's Ward." Vi squinted her eyes trying to see anything, but they were just too far away and she wasn't really good at seeing that far away, she was sure that she needed glasses.

John B grabbed the binoculars. And then slowly lowered them down, everyone looked at him confused and Kie quickly fired the what question at him, repeating it numerous times.

"It's Sarah. She's with Ward." Vi looked at JJ who just lowered his hand and grabbed hers. "They're fighting." John B exclaimed and dropped the binoculars.

"So does that mean, she's with him now?" JJ asked while all of them still stood in the same place watching the airstrip from afar. Violet looked at John B who was now running to the van.

"Guys!" She shouted and started running after him. "John B!"

"Shit!" JJ shouted as all of them tried to catch up to John B. "John B don't play a hero, man!" JJ shouted as John B drove the van forwards and into the wire breaking it and speeding down the hill. The guys stood there speechless. And watched as he drove straight to the plane. Police sirens were heard close to where they were, and the group shared a look.

"I have to keep my record clean,since I lost the scholarship." JJ nodded.

"I'm on probation." Vi grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers.

"We can't help them if we're all arrested." She said and all of them nodded quickly running off.