³⁶

Violet woke up from her phone ringing, she quickly jumped up and went to pick it up. Without looking at the caller, John B left her alone last night, he was scared that someone might come looking for him, so he went to sleep on a little dock that was on the edge of the cut.

"Ward has the gold." She heard John B's hurt voice come from the other side of the phone. Violet sighed deeply.

"Did you call everyone or should I?"

"Can you do it. I'll be at the dock." He ended the call and Violet quickly called everyone, and told them where to come and jumped in her car. She got there before anyone else and quickly ran down the dock towards John B. She saw him laying on his back. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. What was happening lately? It wasn't as fun as it should've been.

"Hey. All of them should be on their way or pretty close at this point. But I didn't call Pope, he has an interview today." John B nodded his head and just stood there laying with his cap on his face. Violet and JB heard the commotion and shortly after that Kiara and JJ ran down towards them.

"What's going on? John B are you okay?" Kiara asked as John B just moved the hat to the side to look at them with only one eye. JJ put a hand on Vi's waist and looked at her, she noticed his eyes move down to her neck and he narrowed his eyebrows. Shit.

"Vi, what's that?" She looked at him confused. "You have a bruise on your neck." Vi's eyes widened. Kiara went in to see herself.

"Did someone did this to you?" John B looked at his friends and Vi's panicked face and quickly told them about the gold turning their attentions away from Vi's bruise.

"Ward's got the gold. It's all gone." All of them shared a look, Kiara sighed and looked down at the ground, slowly making her way up the railing and sitting on it. JJ took a seat down, Vi slowly sat in front of him, between his legs. She was slowly rocking her legs, trying to calm down her nerves.

"Did he got all of it?" Kiara asked after a long silence.

"Every bar." John B said and removed the hat, now working on his cast. "The whole enchilada." He said and with a grunt got his hand out of the cast, throwing it away. Vi felt JJ's hand playing with a single strand of hair. His anxiety calming mechanism was picking on things and Violet liked her hair touched, so she let him. JJ lit a blunt and started smoking it.

"It's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit." John B said with a groan.

"John B." Kie started.

"What Kie! It's a hairline fracture, who cares?" Vi and JJ looked at each other, Violet just put her head in her hands and just stood like that for a moment, the sun was bright and it hurt her eyes.

"You should care. Your arms gonna be messed up for life." John B started wiggling his fingers around.

"It's fine. See?" Violet decided to finaly remove her hands from around her head, when she heard footsteps approaching.

"Guys!" The voice of Pope shouted from behind them. He was running. All of them turned around to look at him. "Guys." He said when he finally stopped on the dock. He just grabbed his knees and tried to breath. "I just ran all the way here." He said out of breath and everyone looked at him confused.

"You all right?"

"Did you finish the interview? How was it?" Violet asked Pope who was still trying to catch his breath.

"Don't ask."

JJ and Vi shared a look.

"JB." Pope started but he couldn't continue, he was still panting like a 50 year old smoker. "Look man, I'm sorry dude. About everything." John B just waved at him.

"It's fine."

"I don't have a lot of time and I have information that is tactically relevant." He said still out of breath. Violet and JJ looked at each other. "Before I had my interview my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Ward Cameron's big plane." He said and everyone looked at him confused. "Because it was too heavy it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So I'm there sitting in my interview thinking to myself: 'Huh, Why would Ward need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weight it down?" Violet gasped and pushed JJ and quickly stood up in realization. He looked at her weird, but he slowly started to get it.

"Gold!" He exclaimed. John B stood up, with new found hope in his eyes. Violet had a big smile on her face and just jumped at JJ hugging him. She was happy, they were back into the G game.

"This is our chance. But it leaves tonight and we have to go." JJ smiled big and put his arm around Vi, pulling her close.

"What's the plan big man?"

"We steal that shit back."