⁴³

"There she be" JJ said excited as he opened the big doors, Kie decided to stay in the car while the couple went to look at the boat. Violet didn't expect that, but if he says that it works fine then it does, she didn't knew anything about boats. "Hey girl!" He said with a big smile and went to remove a big sheet that was covering the nose of the boat. "1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom." He said and turned towards Vi with a bog smile. Violet had her arms across her chest and a smile on her face, he looked so happy talking about that damn boat.

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours, Vi!" She watched as JJ ran his hand on the boat all of a sudden he turned to look at her and shouted excited. "Forty years old! Forty!" He exclaimed and Vi chuckled. He looked so happy talking about boats. She didn't knew anything about boats, but it did look beautiful.

"It's kind of a junker." Vi said jokingly and almost laughed at his expression.

"Really Vi? She's right there." He said and Vi chuckled at him. "She can hear you, don't talk to her like that. Let's put it this way. You would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed, okay?"

Vi smiled at him and looked at the boat.

"I hope it runs."

"Oh she will. She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got." He started to do something to the boat and a motorcycle was heard from outside. It was Pope.

"Finally." Vi said and started to walk towards the entrance, she didn't even made it pass the boat when she came face to face with Rafe and Barry. She stopped dead in her tracks.

"Hey there beautiful. What's going on?" Rafe asked and she took a step back wide eyed. "JJ." JJ stopped and looked up ahead and also froze. Barry walked to the car and made a sign for Kie to stay in it and don't move. Rafe jumped up in the boat and then back down booing with a big smile. "How you guys doing?" Violet watched as Barry walked to JJ and pulled out a gun, cocking it and shoving it in JJ's face.

"Don't think that I forgot about me and you on the side of the road . I'm here because I want my motherfucking money!" Barry shouted and grabbed JJ by his hair.

"JJ! JJ!" Violet shouted and tried to jump in but Rafe quickly grabbed her and dragged her away. She kicked and trashed around. "Let me go!"

"It's not you that we want, Vi. Where's John B?" He asked and put her down, Violet turned around rage in her eyes, quickly slapping Rafe across the face.

"I don't know!" She shouted in his face. Rafe looked at her with the same expression he had on the road that night and she instantly got scared. Now even more so, that she knew that he was a murderer.

"I really wish that you didn't do that, I like you very much you know that right? I like you Violet." He said calmly at her, Vi shook her head and felt the tears rolling down. She was scared of him. Really scared.

"Rafe, I know what you did." She said calmly back at him, looking straight into his eyes.

"What? What did I do?" He said getting in her face, putting a hand on the back of her neck, keeping her close. She quickly moved away, getting away from the grip he had on her.

"You murdered Peterkin! You are a murderer!" Vi found the strength to shout back in his face, tears rolling down her cheeks. Vi looked at him and let out a breath that she didn't knew she was holding, their locked eyes not moving even an inch away from each others. Rafe quickly grabbed her by the throat, making her yelp out in pain. He got close to her still not breaking eye contact. She looked at JJ who was struggling hard against Barry, who was hitting him again and again. She grabbed Rafe's hand. And started to have troubles breathing, it was becoming hard once again.

"Don't ever speak those words again!" He said through his teeth.

"Rafe." She whispered.

"Do you understand?" He asked again and she nodded. "Where's John B?" She shook her head.

"I don't know!" She whispered at him feeling the grip around her neck become harder.

"Where is John B?" He shouted once again making her tremble. She was holding on his arm with both of her hands, while he once again tightened the grip, making it even harder.

"I don't know!" She cried out getting in his face.

"Where is John B?" He screamed at her tightening even more, Violet yelped and by this time her tears were falling down from her eyes hard, her throat was hurting and she could barely breathe.

"I don't know!" She cried out in his face. It looked like he didn't even cared. It was not phasing him at all, that he was choking her and that she was going to die in his fucking arms. All of a sudden someone came behind Rafe and started hitting him. Violet's legs gave out from underneath her and shr dropped to the ground as Pope kept on hitting Rafe, Kiara had come by this point and was helping JJ, while Violet quickly regained back her strength and stood up. Pope was hitting Rafe hard, every blow harder then the one before. He hit and hit blood was coming out from Rafe's mouth flying everywhere. She kept on shouting for him to stop but Pope didn't he kept going, she tried to grab his arm but he pushed her away, sending her flying to the ground on her butt. Pope got a belt from somewhere and put it around Rafe's neck strangling him. JJ quickly ran to him and grabbed him trying to make him drop Rafe. Violet was crying for him to stop, Kie was doing the same next to her when all of a sudden she finally found the power to scream.

"Look at me!" Kiara shouted and Pope let go of Rafe finally. Pope started hyperventilating as he looked at Rafe who was having a hard time breathing on the ground. Vi was on the ground hugging herself. JJ quickly ran to her and put a hand on her cheek, he kissed her forehead.

"Let's go." He whispered at the trembling Violet and helped her to stand up. He could see the bruise forming on her neck, and all he wanted to do was to go back grab Barry's gun and end it. But he wasn't a murderer.

He wasn't like Rafe. He was better.