³²

Violet let her wet conditioned hair to air dry while she was driving her car once again with load music making her way towards Kie's house. Violet didn't felt like going out after what happened earlier, but Kie assured her that John B wasn't going to be there. The two girls went to get Pope and made their way towards the Chateau. The three of them laughing at jokes Pope was saying and quickly going over what he had made for the gold.

"Guys. What the fuck is that?" Violet said to Kie and Pope who were once again in a heated argument about something. At first they didn't see it, but all of a sudden lights were turned on and everything became brighter than they had ever seen it before. All three of them looked at each other.

"Who the hell is that?" Kiara said and quickly jumped out of the car, closing the door a lot harder than needed. Violet flinched but followed Kie and Pope, not without grabbing the invention Pope has created. She walked slowly.

"What have you done JJ?" She heard Pope say and she quickly looked up. There he was in a hot tub. Drinking champagne surrounded by fairy lights and disco balls. He was shirtless and had sunglasses on. She could feel that something was wrong. Violet slowly put Pope's things on the ground and made her way towards the tub. JJ saw her and smiled widely.

"Vi! I got a jet going straight in my butthole right now." He was slurring on his words. He was drunk. "Y'all should get in. Immediately." He raised two glasses quickly saying salute and downing them both. Violet had never seen him like that before.

"How much did this cost?" Pope asked, none of them had moved an inch. Violet started to look around and already knew the answer. Neon lights, were not cheap and neither were hot tubs.

"With the generator, the petrol and express delivery, of course. Pretty much all of it." Violet's mouth fell open, she put a hand on her head and just looked around confused. What was he doing? Why he was being so reckless.

"All of it!" Pope asked completely in shock. "You spend all of the money in one day!"

"Burned a hole right through my pocket. But it's best in jet massaged therapy. That's what they told me." JJ looked around and then at each one of his friends. His eyes glued again on Vi. Vi looked completely shocked and scared and confused and sad. He couldn't understand while all of them were sad.

"What Vi? Can't a man have a little luxury in life? All this scraping, I mean you only live once right?" He asked in a tone she had never heard before. "Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's ass." Vi and Kie looked at each other, Violet shook her head and just ran a hand through her hair.

"In the what?" Kie asked confused.

"In the cat's ass. That's what I named her. Oh I almost forgot." He said and quickly pressed a button, some new jet streams started coming from literally everywhere and the disco ball light up and it started spinning. "Disco mode!" He said excited. Violet looked at the ball then at him, something was so off and it wasn't because he was drinking.

"Are you kidding me?" Pope shouted annoyed. "You could've paid for restitution!" He started and Kie followed shortly after him. With what he could've done differently. Violet stood there and no sound came out of her mouth, she just watched him and she could feel a tear roll down her cheek. JJ stood at the back of the hot tub with a hand on his forehead, he quickly stood up in the middle of Pope's rambling and Violet felt her heart drop. JJ's whole chest was bruised, he was blue from his neck to his torso.

"I could've but you know what I didn't!" Violet shook her head and felt another tear roll down her cheek. She whispered his name and he pointed at her. "Don't get emotional! Okay! I did this for you guys! And I think it's sweet!" He started rambling about the hot tub and when he turned around to point at yet another thing about the hot tub, Violet felt again the pressure in her chest. Violet felt herself sobbing as she slowly walked in the hot tub, with her clothes and just hugged him. She could hear his sobs, which made her sob even harder. He grabbed onto her like his life depended on it, squeezing her tight and never letting go not even when Kie and Pope joined the hug from outside of the hot tub. He stood there on her shoulder his arms wrapped tightly around the small of her waist as both of them sobbed.

"I can't take him anymore." JJ whispered through sobs, Violet squeezed him tighter and started moving her hand slowly up and down his back to help him relax. She let out a sob, cause she knew what was the cause of this or either who. But they couldn't do anything to stop him, they could just keep JJ away from home. "I was gonna kill him." He said slowly through sobs and once again started sobbing harder than before. Kie and Pope squeezed them both hard and all of them stood there hugging each other for few minutes.

"I just want to do the right thing. I just." JJ started and Vi slowly ran a hand through his hair and gave him a little kiss on the top of his head, holding him close.

"I know, I know." Violet whispered. Her heart was breaking for him and all she could do was to be here for him, all he needs right now is a shoulder to cry on. Pope and Kie looked at each other and nodded, Kie patted Vi's back and gave her a blunt and a lighter. Vi nodded with a little smile and Pope and Kie walked away going in, to make something to eat and start working on returning the stuff. JJ found the strength to pull away from her, he looked down at her and her soft smile calmed him down completely. She patted his back and light the blunt up. Vi placed a kiss on his cheek and gave him the blunt. JJ took it and took a seat on the side of the tub, Vi following suit.

"Thanks. For not shouting at me." Vi nodded her head and took a drag from the blunt, JJ tried to stay away but he couldn't. Not anymore. He felt himself slowly drop his head on her shoulder. She ruffled his wet hair and he gave her a soft smile.

"Are you in any pain?" She asked and JJ shook his head. "If and when you are just call me, okay?" JJ nodded his head.

"Thank you."

"Anything for you."