³³

The night ended with all of them having a few drinks in the tub, they laughed and danced and played monopoly, Pope once again crying that he lost.

Violet could feel the heat all around her and it was becoming hard to breath. She hated to wake up from feeling hot. She groaned and slowly opened her eyes, she could feel someone moving next to her and a hand on her lower back, she smiled and looked at JJ, who was snoring like an old alcoholic. She giggled and could hear the commotion from outside. Pope and Kie were already working on the lift. Vi placed a little kiss of reassurance on his head and started to move away when a hand quickly grabbed her and pulled her back in. Violet yelped and just let it happen laughing.

"JJ we gotta get up already it's like 12pm." JJ groaned and whispered that he didn't cared. Violet looked at him as he laid there next to her with closed eyes and breathing slowly. JJ giggled.

"Don't stare, I like you too." He said and just turned around and passed out again. Violet looked at him confused and the thought started running through her head. Did he meant it? Violet just shrugged and pushed the thoughts aside for now. She once again shook him out of his sleep.

"JJ. Get up. The other's are already out there working on the lift." JJ groaned and slslowlrose to a sitting position.

"Five minutes woman!" He groaned and Vi giggled and nodded her head. She grabbed her phone and told him that she'll be out with the others and walked out going towards Kie and Pope. The two of them shared a look and then looked at her. Vi narrowed her eyebrows.

"What was that?" Kie and Pope shared a look again.

"What was what?" Pope asked trying to play confused.

"That look Pope! The look you two gave me!" Kie cleared her throat.

"There was no look, Vi." Vi was going to continue asking them about the look but JJ showed up.

"Is no one talking about the fact that John B pulled a Houdini on us?" JJ asked as he looked around at the mess he and his friends had created. Groaning at the fact that they had to clean it up. Kie jumped down from the lift and everyone agreed with JJ.

"Yeah, seriously. Where is he?" Vi shrugged her shoulders.

"To be honest I don't want to see him right now." She said and JJ was just about to question her as of why she didn't wanted to see his best friend, wondering what had happened between the two of them when he left and they all saw John B quickly walking towards them and the little house.

"John B! There you are. We figured how to get the gold out." Pope started to tell him about the plan but he just ignored them and walked inside.

"What the fuck is going on?" Vi asked looking around. Everyone started shouting for him as they followed him inside the house. He didn't looked good. He looked like he went to hell and came back. Violet had never seen him like this, and it was alarming. John B started going through cabinets as Pope tried to stop him and get him to talk to them. John B pushed right through him and went to the bed Violet and JJ shared last night and grabbed the pillows throwing them to the ground, he finally found what he was looking for and all of the color in Violet's face vanished. John B grabbed the gun. This was exactly what he was here for and they all knew it. Something was very wrong.

"John B what do you need the gun for?" JJ shouted at him trying to grab it from his hands. John B didn't answer so JJ quickly jumped at him. John B quickly grabbed him and pushed him hard, making JJ stumble back and fall to the bed. Pope quickly jumped in the way, making it hard for John B to walk past him, or at least that's what he thought he was doing. In reality John B grabbed his shoulders and shoved him with full force to the side.

"What, are you JJ, now?" He spat at Pope and quickly ran out of the house. Kie and Vi looked at each other scared and confused. Kie grabbed her hand as they followed John B outside. Violet felt a hand on the little of her back guiding her towards the door and a loud groan. JJ looked pissed and confused as he bit his lip trying not to scream at John B.

"John B! Talk to us! What's going on?" Kie shouted at him as he looked back at them while starting JJ's motorcycle.

"Ward knows about the gold." He slowly said, Vi felt her heart drop and a hand was quickly wrapped around her own, squeezing tight. She squeezed back harder. Everything they worked for will soon be gone.

"He killed my dad." John B spoke up again quickly driving away. All of them looked at him, heartbroken. What was happening? How did he knew? What was he going to do now? Will he kill Ward? How will they continue living with this information knowing that there's nothing that they could say or do to get their corrupted cops to do anything about Ward. The broken teenagers started running after the motorcycle, trying to stop their friend, but to no avail. Soon enough John B was out of sight.

"Shit." JJ shouted and threw his hat to the ground kicking it. He just ran back in, followed by Kie and Pope. Violet kept looking towards the way John B took of in, she sighed deeply and just prayed to who ever was listening that her friend will be okay. She bend down and picked JJ's hat and held it tight in her hand. She was worried. Her thoughts were taking over again, and it was becoming ugly in her head. Again. Everything was just too much. Again. She hated feeling this way.