Torture

We were all being held back by guards. They were wearing these special suits so they weren't affected by our powers at all. Everyone was pretty beat up after the fight.

I was in the middle of everything. I had no shirt on, my hands were handcuffed (special ones so that I couldn't shock them), and I was on my knees in pain.

"Who is the voice?" I didn't answer. He proceeded to turn my RESAT up on an insignificantly higher level. I screamed in pain. Taylor was screaming my name, trying to get past the guard to help me, but it was useless.

Question, silence, pain. Question, silence, pain. It went on like this for awhile before Hatch figured that I wouldn't tell him anything.

"Okay, how about I ask your little girlfriend here for answers?" Hatch sneered as he walked over to Taylor.

"Don't touch her!" I yelled, but then broke out in deep and painful coughs. Hatch just ignored me and stood in front of Taylor.

"Drop her."

The guard did without hesitation and Taylor's eyes went wide. Hatch asked her the same question. She didn't respond. He then turned her RESAT up and Taylor started to scream in agony, not being able to take the pain.

"Stop it! Stop! I'll tell you everything!" I yelled hoarsely. I couldn't bear watching the girl I love be in so much pain.

Hatch looked genuinely surprised. "Really..."

I nodded with what little strength I had left. "Just stop hurting her."

"Deal."