Cooking Lesson (Requested)

McKenna was tired.

She just came back from a solo mission. It was simple, really, but exhausting.

There was an orphanage nearby that lost its heating, and it was the middle of winter. When she got there, the sight of the shivering orphans made her heart clench. She sat by each and every one of them, heating their blankets and making sure that they were comfortable before repeating the process with the next child.

Hours later, she was drained both literally and metaphorically. Yet, she still rotated around the rooms and kept reminding herself of when she was in a similar position, when no one bothered or even could have helped her then. Her vivid memory helped her keep going, until their heat was fixed hours later.

It wasn't a life or death mission, or anything big. But she helped, and that's what matters. No matter how exhausted she was right now.

As quiet as she could in her tired haze, McKenna sneaked back into her room, not noticing that the kitchen light was on. She changed into more comfortable clothes and went to bed. Her eyes closed gently and she sighed, falling slowly into-

Crash!

She groggily got up, before realizing that something bad could have just happened. She jolted awake and ran out her door, noting that everyone else was already running to the noise. Lights were turned on and it took her a moment to adjust to the sudden brightness.

Michael was the first one to reach the source of the sound. He entered the room, a small lightning ball already forming in his hands, just in case. He stopped at the entrance of the kitchen and slowly diminished the ball of electricity. "Ostin?"

Everyone caught up and blinked at the sight.

Ostin, the well organized team member who always knew what to do and how to handle situations logically and efficiently, was standing in the middle of the kitchen, covered in pancake mix. The waffle iron was on the floor by his feet, accompanied by a bowl and a whisk.

Jack, still half asleep, just left the scene and went back to bed. The others followed suit until it was just Michael, Taylor, McKenna and Ostin.

Taylor's mouth was open, not knowing what to say. Michael blinked. "What are you doing?"

Poor Ostin was flushed with embarrassment and glanced at McKenna for a fleeting second before responding with as much dignity he could muster. "Making pancakes." One pancake, that no one had noticed until now, slowly slipped off the ceiling, landing on his head. "Trying to make pancakes."

Taylor held her hand to her mouth as she tried to stifle her laugh. Michael, too sleepy to understand the hilarity of the situation, just shook his head and left. Taylor glanced at McKenna and they both shared a knowing look. She left and followed Michael to his room.

McKenna looked up at Ostin to see him looking anywhere but her. She chuckled and walked slowly towards him, ignoring her body's protest to go to bed. "Why, exactly, are you making pancakes in the middle of the night?"

"It's four o'clock, actually." He murmured under his breath. She smiled and shook her head, waiting for his answer.

He looked up and met her gaze. "I was planning on making pancakes for everyone. Since I've never done it before, I figured I should get a head start. I watched videos and read instructions on how to do it but," he gestured to himself, accidentally flinging a little pancake mix everywhere, "-it's harder than it looks."

McKenna laughed. She couldn't help it. Despite her sore limbs, she picked up the whisk and the bowl and placed it on the kitchen counter. She gave Ostin a peck on the lips, scrunching her nose when the pancake mix got all over her face. They both chuckled. "Let's try together."

She turned around to grab more pancake mix, almost tripping on something on the floor. She picked it up and turned back to her boyfriend questioningly.

"You were making pancakes." She deadpanned.

" . . . Yes?"

McKenna shook her head, yet her eyes gleamed. "Ostin. If you were making pancakes, why were you using a waffle iron?"

***
|A/N|
Lol turns out Ostin isn't perfect at everything. While writing this, I realized how underrated the other glows are.

Ian, Abi and McKenna literally stopped Michael from going insane in Cell 25. They're not given enough credit for it, but if they weren't there, Michael wouldn't have been able defy Hatch long enough to escape. He probably would have given in.

Anyway, mini-rant over.

McOstin, requested by kendellmanes. Although there wasn't that much McOstin. I'm sorry :(

Onto more requests!

<3