Realization

Michael couldn't believe it. Not even a year ago, he couldn't even look at Taylor without being embarrassed. Now, they were holding hands as they were walking through the streets of Paris and he wasn't even ticking.

He looked over at her excited face as they walked to the restaurant. He just couldn't believe that he was dating the prettiest girl on the planet.

Even without her curled hair, or the makeup on her face, Michael thought that she looked beautiful.

He sighed in adoration and disbelief. He just couldn't figure out why she would pick him out of everyone. He could see how the other girls looked at Torstyn, Quentin, Brian, etc. They're very powerful Glows that are more buff and good looking.

Michael frowned as he pictured her with another guy. He quickly pushed that thought out of his head, wanting to make the best of tonight.

They finally got to the restaurant that was too hard to pronounce, and Taylor looked back at Michael, not even trying to hide her excitement.

He chuckled and held the door open for her and they made their way to their reserved seats.

~

Taylor frowned inwardly as Michael's thoughts entered her brain. She would never go after any other guy in the world! Most other guys only like her because she's hot and they just want to look good with her. But Michael is different. Instead of calling her 'hot' or 'babe', he calls her beautiful. He's also not as cocky and self absorbed as most guys, he even doubts himself and is the most selfless person she knows.

Sometimes she wished that he could read her thoughts. She wants him to know her feelings. She wants him to know that she would never leave him for the world, especially not for Torstyn. She just wished that he can know that she loves him just the way he is, without her having to say it out loud.

Believe it or not, Taylor isn't good with expressing her feelings. She gets embarrassed with admitting things out loud. She also knows that even if she tells him that she loves him every single day, he would still doubt himself.

Her mind switched gears as they got to the restaurant. She quickly became giddy as they waited for their waiter.

The restaurant was pretty fancy. It had chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and a bunch of paintings on the walls. All of the customers were wearing formal clothing; guys in tuxes, girls in dresses.

She felt a little dressed down in her simple skirt and blouse. Michael was just wearing a dress shirt with jeans.

Today was the last day that they could go on a date before they had to leave France and go to Australia on their chase for Hatch. They just got Intel that Hatch and his Eagles were already boarding a plane going to Melbourne. They had a few hours left before they had to leave and try to catch them. The group already came up with a plan and everything was packed, so Taylor saw this as an opportunity to explore the city of love.

She giggled as she saw Michael frown at the menu. "See something you like?"

"I can't tell what any of these things are," he admitted. What kind of restaurant doesn't have pictures on the menu?

He voiced his thoughts out loud and she just laughed.

Their waiter finally arrived and greeted the couple. "Bonjour, my name is Antoine and I will be your server for this evening. Have you decided what you want from our menu?" He took out a paper and pen and looked at them expectantly.

Taylor said her order as Michael was trying to pronounce his. He gave up and just put the menu down. "Surprise me."

They also said their drinks before Antoine left the table. Michael noticed that his gaze on Taylor lasted a little too long for his liking. His jaw clenched at that and he didn't say anything when she didn't notice.

Taylor put the menu down and became confused when she saw Michael's expression. She took his hands in hers and grabbed his attention. "Michael."

"Yeah?"

"Why are you mad at Antoine?"

He quickly took back his hands as he tried to deny it. She just looked at him, a little amused.

"I'm not mad, he just looked at you longer than he should've."

"That's ridiculous."

"Well now that I say it out loud..."

A blush creeped up his neck and she laughed lightly.

An awkward silence filled the air and Michael was starting to tick from his nervousness.

"Do you ever wonder what it would've been like if we weren't electric?" Taylor asked him seriously.

"I... I've never really thought about it actually," he admitted with a concentrated look.

"I have. When I first thought about it, I wished that I was just a normal human being so that I didn't have to deal with all of this pressure of saving the world. But after thinking about it, I'm glad I'm a Glow."

Michael hummed in agreement before asking, "What made you change your mind?"

"I realized that I liked it. I like saving people's lives. I even get this rush of excitement whenever we go on missions. Granted, I also don't want to die, but it's part of the job."

Taylor was interrupted when Antoine gave them their drinks. They thanked him and she continued.

"I also realized that if I was normal, I would have a pretty boring life. I'd just be one of those stereotypical cheerleaders who go to parties and only cares about boys. So I guess I'm kind of grateful for Hatch's failed machine."

Michael nodded, thinking about how his life would've been without his powers. His eyes widened as he realized something.

"I can't believe I want to thank Hatch for something."

Taylor was curious to what he was going to say as she leaned forward on the table. "Why?"

Michael took her hands and she heard his thoughts before he said it out loud.

"If I wasn't electric, I wouldn't have met you."

***

|A/N|
So this one shot was originally going to be longer and have more of a plot to it, but I decided to end it there. I'll just write the original plot in a different one shot sooner or later.

Another cute Micaylor/Tachael one shot. I still really don't know what their official ship name is. What do you call them?

Anyway, vote if you liked and comment if you have any requests!

<3