Ending It (Requested)

Requested by Reading_Quest

***SPOILERS FOR MV3: BATTLE OF AMPERE AND AFTER***

[Takes place before Storm of Lightning]

ANGST WARNING

CHARACTER DEATH

***

It started out just like any normal, life or death mission.

"Texas, this is Star Command. Do you copy? Over."

Ostin groaned. "Jack, stop with the code names! We don't have time to be silly."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, this is a high stakes mission that requires complete seriousness. It is also our first mission with real tech and weapons - hey!"

"G.I. Joe, the Nurse, and the Cheerleader are all set up. Ready when you are. Over."

Michael and Ian looked to each other and shook their heads with a smile at Nichelle. Ostin ignored the protests of Jack, Abi, and Taylor in the background and responded, "Thanks Nichelle. Once the green light turns red, start the timer and run. McKenna, Grace, Tessa and Zeus are in position. Remember to meet everyone at the van at o-five hundred."

Ostin turned off the comms. He continued rewiring the electrical system, making sure the bomb that was about to go off did not reach their level.

"This seems too easy." Michael said. He turned to Ian. "Any guards?"

"No more than the ones you knocked out."

Michael narrowed his eyes. "This doesn't make any sense."

They had snuck into the power plant early in the morning, the day after Hatch left for a meeting in Tahiti. Jack's team would set off the bomb, big enough to gather most of the guards while at the same time small enough set off the sprinklers to destroy the rat bowl. While that was going on, Michael's team was going to the main control system to watch over everything and make it possible to for the real mission to happen. Grace's team would sneak into the computer room where they store all the important files and data on Hatch and his plans. Ostin would turn off all the alarms, while unlocking the room. As soon as Grace was done gathering as much data as she could, Ostin would delete any and all recorded evidence of their mission. They would then leave and meet everyone at the discussed rendezvous point.

Everything was going to plan.

Michael was instantly suspicious. Everything never goes to plan.

Ian continued looking around, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. "Still no more guards. Didn't one of them set off some alarm from their radio?"

Ostin paused. "Yes."

"I do not like this at all." Michael shook his head and paced around the room. He's been tense ever since he noticed the smaller amount of guards around the plant. He told himself he was just being paranoid, but now it seemed he was right to be suspicious.

Ian took a double take. "Is there supposed to be a thunder storm coming?" At Michael's confusion, he elaborated. "There is a lot more electricity outside than normal."

"This place shouldn't be getting thunderstorms. Are you sure it's not just the extra electricity from the rats?"

"I'm not sure, I'll keep an eye on it."