Semper Fi (Requested)

**SPOILERS FOR MV3: BATTLE OF THE AMPERE AND AFTER**

It was one of the rare times that they were able to visit Idaho. The last time was when they picked up Taylor's dad, around two months ago. And as hard as it is to say, Jack missed Meridian. He missed his sister. He missed Mitch. He missed the high school. Heck, he even missed his dad.

He missed Wade.

He never stopped blaming himself for Wade's death. He never blamed Ian for not seeing the guard, everyone makes mistakes. Besides, Ian has done more good than bad anyway. If it weren't for him, they would all be dead by now and Hatch would have probably taken over Taiwan and Peru and whatever else the crazy guy was up to.

But not Jack. Jack has done a lot of bad things in his life, and now he can just add killing his best friend to the growing list.

They were stopping by Meridian before going to Tuvalu to help a few of Hatch's Eagles. Apparently they rebelled against Hatch, Jack doesn't know. Either way, he doesn't trust them at all. He feels like Michael would be the only one to trust them. He trusted Nichelle pretty easily, and she was really bad before. Taylor might have faith in them, but he remembered that Tara was one of the Eagles they're helping. He has a feeling it would take a while before those two got along. He wasn't that sure about the rest of the Electroclan, he just knows that it would take a while for them to trust the Eagles, too.

While they were resting in a motel near Meridian, Jack went to the graveyard. It was the closest one to Wade's house. He had asked Joel to put a gravestone in for his best friend a few weeks prior. Joel was a little hesitant at first, but eventually relented, seeing how important it was for Jack. He quickly found it, already putting the path to memory. He just stood there, staring at the gravestone, alone. Abi asked if he wanted her to come, but he said no. He just needed to be alone.

"Hey buddy." He started. "A lot has happened since you've been gone."

He took a deep breath. "I miss you. Yeah, everyone's great and all but we've been having a rough few weeks. Michael has these new scars on his arms. It looks awesome, man. You would've liked it. I think Zeus was a little jealous. Speaking of Zeus, we're cool now. You remember how he sacrificed himself with the rats? Yeah, we've been getting along better since. He's cool, when he doesn't stink." Jack chuckled.

"Anyway, we're just stopping by before going to Tuvalu to help these Eagles that went against Hatch. I don't trust them one bit, but apparently they're good now. I don't really know which ones, heck, I don't even know all their names. I just know that one of them is Taylor's twin sister, Tara. It's still hard to believe that Taylor has a twin. Remember how we used to joke with Mitch about wondering what it'd be like to have a twin?  That seems like such a long time ago. It's hard to believe it's only been a little less than a year after Michael shocked us in school. Time really does fly by when you're always running for your life."

His phone rang. Jack sighed before taking it out of pocket and answering. They all got phones, only for emergencies and to be able to contact everyone. They were easily breakable, in case they got kidnapped or something.

Abi was on the other end. It was almost time to go.

Jack hung up. "I gotta go. I'll see you whenever I can, okay? It's probably not gonna be often, but I'll do it when I can. See you."

He stood for a moment, before turning around and leaving the graveyard. He didn't notice the familiar figure with yellow hair and a crooked nose hiding behind a nearby tree. Nor did he notice the figure wipe away a tear before leaving in the opposite direction.

|-|-|-|

They all left the plane, shivering from the immediate cold weather.