Denial

Bryan sneaked a few glances at them. He felt something that he's been feeling for a while now, yet he still can't pinpoint exactly what it is. He does know that he's been noticing everything they've been doing. How they've been acting.

The way they smiled at each other for no reason. The way they laughed at the dumbest joke. The way they leaned close to each other, whispering and giggling like little kids. They acted as if they were the only two people in the room.

It was sickening.

But what was even more sickening, was how he felt about it.

He still doesn't know exactly, but he could feel some sort of yearning. A need. Like he wanted that with someone. Like he was jealous of their relationship.

He mentally scoffed. Him? Jealous of Tara and Quentin? That's absurd.

He shook his head to get rid of those thoughts. He needed a distraction.

His go-to distraction wasn't an option, seeing as he was mildly grounded for pulling a prank on Kylee the week before. It wasn't his fault that she overreacted to the purple hair dye that he put in her shampoo. He didn't mean to use permanent dye. He swore he used temporary.

But the little accident still resulted in him getting his video game privileges taken away for a month. As if he was a child, a Nonel. He shivered just thinking about it.

He missed video games. The sudden absence of it resulted in the weird feeling that's settled in his gut.

And like adding salt to the wound, Kylee hasn't spoken to him since (what he's been referring to as) 'the accident'.

(He knew that it wasn't really an accident, and that he really should apologize. But he would never admit that out loud. He also thought that she looked pretty with the light purple hair. Which he would also never admit.)

He's tried to talk to her. Made jokes. Yesterday he asked her if Halloween had come early. She wasn't amused.

He's starting to get desperate. He'd asked, but no one would try to help him get back in her good graces. Torstyn even told him that he should've thought about it before ruining her hair.

(Which, again, he personally thinks that he did not ruin.)

Tara told him that Kylee would only talk to him when he apologizes to her. And it has to be genuine.

He told himself he wouldn't do it. But this weird feeling in his stomach has been bothering him. He thought it was because he misses video games. That wasn't right. He misses something else.

He misses someone else.

Shoot.

***

|A/N|
Yay a Bryan one shot! I honestly don't know who to ship with Kylee. I think Torstyn would be cute with her, I started shipping them when they were arguing in MV4.

But in MV5, (SPOILER-ishButNotReally) Bryan's description of 'He spends most of his time playing with video games and annoying Kylee' is cute. And from that, it looks like Brylee will be endgame.

Anyway, how'd you like it? Just a short one while I work on the requests. For some requests, I need to reread a book or two to get the facts right, or the character's personality.

Vote, comment, and read MV.

<3