Imaginary Boyfriend (Requested)

***SPOILERS FOR MV6: FALL OF HADES***
(AU-ish)

-=-

Taylor opened her locker and stashed her physics textbook inside. Putting some notebooks in her bag, she tensed for a second. She could feel someone behind her.

Ever since the Electroclan defeated Hatch, everyone tried to start living a normal life. Taylor, Abi, McKenna, Ian and Grace were the only ones who actually succeeded, for the most part. Taylor was the only one who didn't go to Meridian, she needed a fresh start. The other four went to Meridian while she attended a different school in the next town. Everyone else stayed at the Ranch, doing various tasks and occasionally going on certain missions.

Ostin has started working with Dr. Coonradt on new scientific research, and he sometimes helped in a few missions when need be.

Jack is now the go-to agent for espionage. He loves doing field work, especially when he gets to sneak into heavily guarded government buildings, maybe knocking out a few guards in the process. Zeus comes in second to Jack, and the two have learned to become a team.

Tessa and Nichelle had been indecisive at first, but they soon realized that they would rather join Jack and Zeus on missions than deal with cliques and drama at school.

Cassy was the only one who didn't hesitate in her answer. Her whole life was spent with Dr. Coonradt, and she frequently went on missions with the others.

The five ex-Eagles had stayed at the Ranch. They weren't ready to go to school. Their thoughts and judgements were still heavily influenced by Hatch's words, and they can't go to school thinking they were superior over everyone their. They're adapting to their new life, and they were trying to erase Hatch's influence from their minds.

And Michael. Michael wanted to go back to school, he wanted some normalcy in his life. But he was pulled into a very secretive mission, one where most of the Electroclan weren't even informed about. When that was over, he was needed for another task. It was soon decided that he would go back to school when the coast was clear, but that seemed to be a few years down the road.

Both Michael and Taylor were disappointed at the news, but they understood. Taylor offered to stay at the Ranch, but he insisted that she go back to school. He knew how much she missed everything and didn't want to hold her back from that. They only see each other on the weekends, and Michael tried his best to avoid missions that would cut into their limited time together.

It's only been a few months, but Taylor had started getting used to the whole routine. She rarely wakes up from nightmares anymore, and she quickly grew in popularity at the new school. She joined the cheerleading team and was made junior captain, to her surprise.

A few of her instincts that she developed throughout the fight with Hatch were still very present. She didn't trust anyone as quickly as she used to, and she would catch herself reading someone else's mind without meaning to. She could also sense someone behind her without needing to turn around.

"Hey, Tay."

Taylor relaxed when she recognized the voice.

"Hey, Jess." She closed her locker and turned around. "What's up?"

Her junior co-captain perked up and started rambling about a love triangle that eventually led to a cat fight.

Taylor tuned her out as they walked to pre-calc. She greeted everyone they passed in the hallways, an action that has become known to be associated with her through the few months she's been there. She half-heartedly listened to Jess' story about how the guy said no to both girls. The old Taylor would have listened eagerly and pass the gossip to another person. The Taylor now, however, knew that there were real problems in the world. As she said before, she grew up too fast.