Trickery

I can't believe it. Hatch finally caught us. I was sitting in a chair with my hands tied behind me and my legs were tied to the chair. There was also a blindfold covering my eyes.

Someone took the blindfold off me and I blinked at the light in front of me.

The whole room was dark, and the only light was from the flat screen TV right in my face. I looked around and saw all of the Eagles surrounding me, sneering. All except two.

Quentin and Tara were missing.

I noted that detail in my head and glared at all of them, daring them to speak. Torstyn spoke first.

"You're pathetic."

I didn't say anything.

"What? Cat got your tongue?"

"..."

"Okay. I see how it is. Let's see how tough you are after this." Torstyn grins evilly before I shouted from pain. It felt like my whole body was melting and I've never felt anything more painful in my life.

Torstyn stopped and I instantly sighed from relief. Everyone in the room chuckled from that and Torstyn just smiled evilly, seeming satisfied.

I look down at the ground before an idea came to mind.

"And you say I'm pathetic."

Everyone quieted down and Torstyn's eyes narrowed.

"What did you just say?"

"I'm saying you're pathetic."

He chuckled humorlessly. "Says the one tied up in the chair."

"Says the one who needs to tie me up to be able to hurt me."

His eyes flashed before he started walking towards me. "Listen here-"

"Stop it! He's trying to trick you." Kylee stood in front of him.

Torstyn didn't listen and pushed her aside. "I don't care! I wanna see Vey get what he deserves!"

Bryan quickly stepped in front of him. "Torstyn! Forget about your ego and stick to the plan!"

He obligingly calmed down, making Bryan sigh in relief.

My eyebrows furrowed. "What plan?"

Before either of the guys could say anything, Kylee quickly said, "To show you how trustworthy your girlfriend is."

My eyes narrowed. "What do you mean."

"We'll just show you." They all grinned darkly before the TV flickered on.

There was no sound, but I can see Taylor in a prisoner cell, sitting on the bed. The door opened, and Quentin walked in. Taylor's face immediately brightened when she saw him and she ran up to hug him.

My heart ached as I watched her hug Quentin, obviously very happy.

I tried looking away but someone forced me to look at the screen. I felt my heart break at the sight.

Taylor and Quentin were kissing. They both look like they're enjoying it.

I was lying earlier. This... this is the most painful thing I've ever felt.

"Awe, is Vey heartbroken?" Bryan asked mockingly.

I shook my head, not wanting to believe it. "Th-that's not Taylor. That's Tara!"

"Is it really?" Kylee retorted.

My heart completely shattered. Of course that's not Tara, I can tell that it's Taylor. I can always tell the difference between them. And that girl on the screen, kissing Quentin? That's Taylor.

Someone turned off the TV as I looked down at the ground. My jaw started ticking as I was trying to control my breathing.

Someone lifted my head up and I was met with green eyes. "You know Michael, it's not too late to join us. You can get revenge on Taylor for breaking your heart, maybe even break hers while you're at it," Kylee said.

I hesitated.

"C'mon Michael, make her pay. Make them all pay. Think about it. Taylor knows how much you loved her, she knows how much she means to you, and she goes does that? And the others probably knew, too. They all knew that she didn't love you back and they didn't say anything. Join us, Michael. Let them know how it feels to be betrayed."

I thought about it. I felt anger rush through me, so much that I started ticking. I looked Kylee straight in the eyes, no doubt in mind about my answer.

"No."

***

|A/N|

If you're confused, Tara was using her power to make Quentin look like Michael. Taylor obviously thought it was him, hence the hugging and kissing. I'm sorry for the confusion!

<3