Fault (Requested)

[When Zeus was still loyal to Hatch]

Zeus looked over at Sara across the dining table. She wasn't paying attention to him, so he kicked her under the table, smirking. She jumped and glared at him jokingly.

"Is there a problem here?"

Sara's eyes widened as she turned to Dr. Hatch. "No sir, I'm sorry for the disturbance."

Dr. Hatch turned to Zeus with an expectant look. He just raised an eyebrow. "I don't need to apologize for not doing anything wrong."

Dr. Hatch narrowed his eyes. "Nichelle, you know what to do. Guards."

Immediately guards showed up and took a flailing Zeus out of the room, Nichelle close behind with a smile on her face.

Sara faced down at her food for the rest of the meal, ignoring the rest of the Glows' insults about her secret crush.

|Later that night|

Sara was laying in bed, thinking. She quickly closed her eyes when the door opened, pretending to be asleep.

"Sara? Are you awake?" A hushed voice said, closing the door.

"Zeus?" She sat up in her bed as he sat next to her. "What're you doing here? You'll get in a whole lot of trouble for leaving your room after curfew."

"That's only if I get caught." He smiled and chuckled. His laughter turned to groans as he held his side. "Zeus? What's wrong?" Sara touched his shoulder gently, not wanting to hurt him.

"You know how I got in trouble during dinner?" Her expression turned guilty, but he didn't notice due to his closed eyes from the pain.

"Yeah."

"Well, someone called Nichelle over before we got to the torture room and she told one of the guards to take care of me." His laugh was humorless and Sara held his arm when he doubled over in pain. "Oh my god, I am so sorry."

"It's not your fault, Sare." She ignored him as she went to grab a first aid kit from her closet. She opened it up on her desk and turned back to the blonde. "Take off your shirt."

Zeus obediantly took off his shirt and Sara gasped at the sight. "This is all my fault." She immediately set to work, cleaning his cuts and icing his bruises, repeatedly saying sorry and blaming herself.

Zeus caught her hand and looked her in the eyes. "This wasn't your fault. Stop blaming yourself."

"I know. But I should have done something. I should have stood up for you, or took the blame, or maybe even-"

She was abruptly cut off when her crush put his finger to her lips in a 'shush' kind of way. Sara went cross-eyed, looking at his finger and Zeus chuckled at her cute look.

"Sara, it wasn't your fault. Besides, I'm used to it."

Her expression changed from guilt to understanding. She knows what he has been through. He trusted her enough to tell her and she trusted him just the same amount, probably more.

Zeus just stared at her. He didn't know what she was doing, or how she managed to worm her way into his heart.

Sara cleared her throat after they locked eyes for too long. She started to clean up the first aid kit and told him to go back to his room. He sighed and reluctantly got up, opening the door.

Zeus was about to walk out when he stopped at the doorway. "Hey Sara?"

She turned around with the first aid kit in hand. "Yeah?"

"Thanks." He smiled and she could see that he really meant it.

"You're welcome." She smiled softly before gently going over to him and pecking him on the cheek.

He was shocked and just stared at her retreating figure before his mind processed what just happened.

He took a couple steps towards her. "Sara, I-"

"Hey you! It's way past your curfew!"

The teens looked at each other for a second, their eyes wide.

"Hide."

***

|A/N|
So I tried really hard to not make it too long so that's why it seems a little rushed. This was requested by @SaraMarieMendoza as a Zeus x reader, buuut I'm terrible at those kind of POV's so I made the character's name Sara. I hope you like it and I hope you're okay with that change. If you don't or if you have another request just message me or comment!

Anyway, vote if you liked and comment any requests you have!

<3