Proposals (Requested)

**CAUTION: SAPPINESS AND CRINGEWORTHY ROMANTIC JUNK AHEAD**

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

***

"This is nice."

He looked over at her with a smile. "Yeah."

Michael and Taylor were cuddling on the couch, watching a random program on the T.V. while just enjoying each other's company. They've had an eventful day and it was now around midnight. Taylor smiled as the couple on screen kissed, the guy having finally proposed after many years. She looked at the ring on her finger and thought back to last year. 

It was around three years after defeating the Elgen. To the Electroclan's luck, the Eagles betrayed Hatch after he imprisoned and was planning on executing a general that Quentin was close with. It took a while, but eventually the two groups became friends after the whole experience. 

All of the Glows' twentieth birthday were coming up in a month or so, and that was when Taylor noticed something was off.

Michael has been more distant lately. He would always be out with Ostin or another friend, making excuses for date night, and he seemed to be talking to the other girls a lot more than usual. What's frustrating and concerning was that whenever they would be holding hands or whenever Tessa was around, he would purposely think of something else. He was so determined that she wouldn't find out what he was thinking of. And she never could.

She voiced her concerns to Tara, whom he would be whispering with and texting. Tara chuckled and smiled encouragingly.

"Don't worry, sis. You don't need to be able to read his mind to know that he's head over heels in love with you."

However, when she thought Taylor wasn't looking, she smirked knowingly. Not her usual 'I know I'm better than you' smirk, (which, after many tries, Taylor could not get her to stop doing). It was her 'I know something that you don't' look. Taylor was still on edge.

She's asked Michael if anything was wrong, but he'd reassure her everything was fine. 

After a month of worrying, it was the Glows' birthday. They all decided to just have one party, agreeing that it was ridiculous to celebrate each and every one of them individually. It was after everyone got cake that Michael stood up and got everyone's attention.

"First off, happy birthday guys!" Everyone clapped, a few wishing him the same. "Thank you. I can't believe only four years ago we were all living completely different lives from where we are now. Heck, I didn't even know most of you back then. It's funny how fast time flies by. We've all grown close the past few years, and I just wanted to say that no matter how many near-death experiences I had, I wouldn't miss it for the world if it all lead to this. I love you guys." Everyone clapped again, and he waited for it to die down before turning to Taylor. 

"Taylor, through these past four years you've changed me, in a good way. If you hadn't tried to help me that one day after detention, I never would have gained enough confidence to finally reveal my power. I probably never would have if it hadn't been for you. I would still be the shy kid that made weird faces and had a crush on the most popular girl in school. 

"These past couple of years with you has been amazing, especially now that we're not risking our lives every day. And my love for you has only grown. Do you remember when we talked about what we'd do after the fight?  About living a normal life, going to college, being boring for once? I've been living it. I'm finishing school, and we're just the average couple. I love it. And I love you." Taylor had tears in her eyes. She gasped as Michael went down on one knee and pulled out a small velvet box. He opened it to reveal a white gold ring with a small diamond on top. His eyes were shining with unshed tears as he smiled.