The Mark (AU)

Soulmate AU where you and your soulmate have the same mark somewhere on your body.

-=-

Michael has always known he was different. Not because of his Tourette's Syndrome, or his electricity. Because of his mark.

Or, should he say, lack of one.

When he learned about soulmates and the mark, he was confused. His parents had one. His friends had one. Everyone had one, except him.

He researched it, of course. There were a few cases of unmarked people, and they never found their soulmate. If they had one.

It made him sad. Before he discovered his new electric life, he always wondered and made theories about it. Maybe he doesn't have a soulmate. Maybe he'll just never meet them. Maybe he'll die young. Maybe the universe is just cruel.

He got pretty depressed at his theories. He was pretty insecure about it, too. More than his Tourette's. He always avoided the topic if it ever came up, and never told anyone, other than his parents. Not even Ostin knew.

But he still has hope.

-=-

He was being tortured by Hatch. Again.

Gosh, he should really try to avoid this situation more.

Hatch asked the usual questions, tried and failed to get Michael to indulge information. And then he said something new that caught Michael completely off guard.

"How's your girlfriend?"

Michael looked up. "What?"

"Everything should be fine, since she's your soulmate and all."

Michael didn't speak. Hatch tilted his head and asked dramatically. "Oh, you're not soulmates? That's gotta hurt, huh Mike. At least you know there's someone out there." Hatch paused for effect. He looked at Michael knowingly.

He couldn't have known. Michael's never told anyone!

"I know, Vey. You don't have a mark."

Michael tried and failed to keep a straight face. He ticked.

"That's really gotta hurt. And worse, your girlfriend has a soulmate who's not you."

"How'd you find out."

"I have my ways. I know what all your little terrorist friends' marks look like. How do you think we found all the Glows? We just couldn't find you and Ridley because she was adopted, messing up all the records, and we believed your parents were really good at hiding information.

"But it turns out they just didn't have records of your mark. I guess not all liars get happy endings."

-=-

Taylor woke up as Michael walked in. It was still dark outside, where'd he go?

She asked what happened but he told her to go back to sleep. When he turned on the bathroom light, she blinked. It couldn't be.

She got up to take a closer look at his arms and her eyes widened. Thanks to Michael's current state, he didn't notice.

"Michael, what happened?" She reiterated.

"Some loser threw a beer bottle at me."

"I meant to your arms."

He looked down and was surprised to see the branch-like pattern. Taylor was in shock. She knew those markings.

Ostin was amazed. "Holy moly. Those are-"

"Lichtenberg Figures. Created with extremely high electric voltages." Taylor finished.

"How'd you know?" Ostin asked her. Michael tilted his head at her slightly.

Without a word, she pulled up her shirt to reveal the identical markings on her stomach.

***

|A/N|
Okay okay okay I know I said I would work on the requests but this idea came to mind and I had to write it.

If you didnt understand, this is an alternate universe where every person has a mark on their skin and there would be only one other person in the world to have the same exact mark. That person was their soulmate.

In this one shot, Michael wasn't born with a mark. He obtained the mark after fighting the gang in Mexico in MV5, the Lichtenberg Figure. And Taylor has the same markings on her stomach, meaning they're soulmates. The end, they live happily ever after.

I really like soulmate AUs. I'll probably write more about the other ships.

<3