Just For Now (Requested)

Michael pulled out a chair for Taylor before sitting in his own. He looked away so that she wouldn't see him blinking like crazy.

"Where did you find this place?" She asked him, looking around. They were in an actual restaurant with other people. "The ranch isn't close to any restaurants, shops, anything."

Michael shrugged. "I really don't know. One of the workers just suggested to come here. It's actually closer than you think."

Taylor hummed in understanding as a girl around their age came up to their table. "Good evening, may I get your drinks?" The waitress took out her notepad and smiled at them.

"Can I have a coke?" Michael asked, looking up at her.

"Of course you can." The waitress winked at him before turning to Taylor.

Taylor bit her lip and didn't even think twice before re-booting her.

The waitress blinked and looked around for a second before regaining her focus on the couple. "I'm sorry, what would you like to drink?"

"We'll both have a coke," Taylor said before Michael could say anything. She thought she was being rude so she quickly added a 'please'.

The waitress left their table and Michael just stared at Taylor, confused.

"Uh... Taylor?"

She looked up at him innocently, "Yeah?"

"What was that about?"

"I..." She sighed deeply. "I don't know. I guess I'm just on edge with the whole Hatch situation."

Michael nodded his head, understanding. She looked like she had more to say so he told her to go on.

"I feel like we're just sitting ducks. We're waiting for Hatch to make the first move. And I just can't help but wonder why don't we make the first move? That way we get the advantage instead of just waiting around for him to destroy something or kidnap someone."

Taylor stopped talking when she saw Michael's face harden at the last part. "Hey." She said softly as she took his hand in her own. "We got her out. She's okay."

He didn't hear her. He was too busy thinking of what could've happened if they had struck first. His mom wouldn't have suffered. She would've been fine. All those people that died that could have lived, if only they had made the first move. He mentally blamed himself. For not being smart enough. Fast enough. Good enough. If only he was a different person. If he wasn't Michael Vey, the scrawny kid that nobody knows, then he would've done things differently. Better.

Taylor saw all of his thoughts. She couldn't stand it anymore so she quickly shook him out of his reverie. "Michael! Don't you ever blame yourself for all of this. This is all Hatch's fault. Not yours."

Michael tried to believe her, but he was still doubtful.

She could see that he didn't believe her without having to read his mind. "Okay, how about this. Just don't think about Hatch or being electric or any of that. Just forget all of that and just focus on right now. You and me, on a date, in a restaurant that I can't pronounce. How does that sound? Forget all of it, just for now."

Michael blinked before comprehending all of it. He looked at Taylor, the guilt in his eyes diminishing. "Just for now?"

"Just for now."

***

|A/N|
Okay, not the best ending but not the worst. This was requested by @Sophiesticated879 and I hope you like it! If you don't or if you have another request, just message me or comment.

The picture is an edit that I posted on my Instagram, @veyniacsunite. I haven't been active that lately and I really apologize for that. I would also appreciate if you have any edit requests for me because I sorta have writers block except instead of writing its for editing.

Anyway, vote if you liked this one shot and comment if you have any requests!

<3