Mischief Managed (AU)

Harry Potter AU

***

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

The two scheming teens snickered as they quietly maneuvered their way through the castle, careful to avoid the patrolling prefects and House Ghosts. The pattern of red and gold proudly stood out from the black robes, though the students' actions at the moment confused everyone as to why they were not placed in Slytherin. They quieted down as they got closer to the Great Hall. The two had impatiently waited for an hour after dinner, ensuring that they would be able to perform their task without being seen. It also helped that they had the Marauder's Map, otherwise they would have been caught in one of their infamous pranks years ago.

They both peeked their heads in the hall. Checking the map, they smiled. The coast was clear. The two slowly made their way up, awed by the sight, stopping right before crossing the line. Neither has had the opportunity to take a closer look at it when it was presented the day before.

"It's beautiful."

"That is so cool."

They grinned at each other. "Let's do this."

Before the other could react, one teen immediately stepped over the line before being blasted back. He hit the floor hard and groaned. His friend face palmed.

Making sure he was okay first, she hit him over the head. "Zeus, you're such an idiot!" She hissed. He muttered incoherently, wincing as she helped him up.

"We have to drink the potion before crossing  the line, you know that!" She brought out a vial of the aging potion and waved it in his face. They, erm, 'convinced' Ostin, their friend from Ravenclaw, to make it for them. "We're not old enough to enter the tournament yet, and the line around the Goblet of Fire knows if you are or not."

"I know, Tess. I wasn't thinking. Calm down before your face matches your hair." He bit back his laugh as she blushed, her face reddening and doing just that.

She pushed his vial into his hand. He sobered up and they tapped their vials with a quick 'cheers' before drinking it. They waited as their bodies physically changed. When it was done, they turned to each other and gasped.

"Y-You look-" Tessa put a hand to her mouth.

"Ridiculous!" Zeus finished. They both burst into laughter. Both teens' hair had turned gray, Zeus having a matching mustache and beard. Their faces sagged a little, making them look like an elderly couple with a childish glint in their eyes.

They turned toward the Goblet and held up the piece of paper showcasing their names. Without needing to look at each other, they stepped over the line at the same time.

-=-

Torstyn was patrolling the halls, his prefect badge secured proudly on his robes. Usually, no one would be out at this time, but they were taking caution due to the excitement of the Triwizard Tournament combined with the vast influx of the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students, who were not familiar with Hogwarts grounds. He already lead a group of giggling third years from Beauxbatons students back to bed.

He turned a corner and rolled his eyes. He cleared his throat, loudly, causing the couple making out to notice him. They acknowledged him with a quick raise of an eyebrow before resuming to their activity. Torstyn glared at them, not caring that they didn't notice.

"Quentin, how many times have I told you? Just because your a prefect, man, doesn't mean you could eat your girlfriend's face in the middle of the night." He was exasperated, this was the third time he's caught them. And this was only his second patrol of the year.