Pain (Requested)

It was like everything was going in slow motion, as cliche as it sounds. The small blonde girl used almost all the strength she had left to push the well built boy out of the way. She heard him shout as he realized what was happening but everything went blank as the bullet pierced through her stomach.

"Abi!"

Everything was blurry. The girl was sprawled on the ground. She heard a gunshot, followed by a body falling on the ground. Footsteps made their way over to the nearly-unconscious blonde and she could make out a figure crouched over her body.

"Abi, stay with me. Don't go to sleep." The figure had tears trailing down his cheeks. "Someone help! We need to take her to the hospital!"

She heard people shouting in the background. She felt her body being carried, probably to a hospital. There was so much commotion going on, but all she heard was the sobbing of a certain brunet.

~-~

Abi woke up with a start. She sat up straight in the bed, before groaning as she get pain in her stomach.

"You're awake!" She heard a familiar voice say before being engulfed in a hug by someone twice her size. She took a sharp take of breath from the pain, making the person let go immediately.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"It's fine, Jack." Abi smiled. "What exactly happened after I passed out?"

Jack grimaced from the memory. "Well, luckily we were close enough to the base that we didn't have to wait that long for help."

He paused, thinking of what to say next. Abi took the time to study his features, noticing something different. Jack had stitches on the side of his face, going from the end of his eyebrow down to his jaw. She noticed that his movements were slower than usual, and he seemed to wince whenever he moved. She took his hand in hers, smiling when his face instantly relaxed. The last thing she noticed were the deep bags under his eyes. Sure, he always had bags from their uneven sleeping schedules and the fact that he was always working out, but they were deeper than usual.

"Jack." Abi said softly. "How long was I unconscious?"

He looked down, hiding his expression. "Two weeks."

"And this guy was sitting next to your bed the whole time. He also promised that he would tell everyone right away when you wake up." Someone interrupted. Ian came into view. "He didn't even sleep."

She looked up at Jack, flabbergasted. "Did you really...?" He nodded.

"I wanted to be here when you woke up. I also wanted to make sure that you were fine. Because if anything happened to you... I don't know what I would've done." He looked her right in the eyes, and she could see how vulnerable he was at the moment. "I like you Abi. I really do."

Despite her body's protests, Abi sat up and pulled Jack into a kiss.

***

|A/N|
Awwwwwww. I don't think Jack and Abi have a ship name yet. What do you call them?

And I don't remember if the book specified what color Jacks hair is, but I think of him with brown hair. :3

Anyway, requested by @jordan_tayyy. I hope you like it, and if you don't just message me or comment. If you have any other requests, same thing as well.

Vote and comment if you liked!

<3