Meridian High Teaser

Michael sighed as he waited in the principals office. He looked at the clock. The principal will be here in four minutes.

This was the third time he moved in the past two years. Every time, of course, he had to go to a new school as well. And he hated it. Not only was he the new kid, but he also stood out due to his Tourette's Syndrome.

The door opened and a guy in a suit came in begrudgingly. He sat down and looked at Michael. "What do you want? I'm busy."

Michael ticked nervously. "Mr. Schema, I'm a new student. Michael Vey."

"Oh yeah. Here's your schedule. Your tour guides should be waiting outside."

Michael took his schedule and stood there awkwardly, not knowing if he had more to say. Said principal looked up when he didn't hear the door close.

"What're you standing there for? Leave."

|-|-|-|

Walking outside of his charming principal's office, Michael looked around and spotted two girls waiting in the lobby.

One girl was tall with long blonde hair and blue eyes. She was wearing casual clothes and seemed really shy. She seemed to be relaxed around the other girl, but she stiffens up slightly when other people go up to them to say hi.

The other girl was shorter, but what she lacked in height she made up for in enthusiasm. She seemed very friendly and kind. She had long brown hair and her brown eyes reminded Michael of maple syrup. She was wearing a cheerleading outfit, and there was a bow in her hair.

Michael wouldn't be surprised if she started doing cartwheels and flips down the hall while spelling out 'Meridian High'. With a huge smile on her face and doing it all way too enthusiastically.

The girls spotted him and walked toward him.

"Hi Michael! My name is Taylor."

"I'm Abigail, but you can call me Abi."

"We're going to be your tour guide for the first two periods. Welcome to Meridian High School!"

He gulped when Taylor smiled, genuinely excited. "Hi."

The duo started showing him around the school, pointing out all the classes. Taylor mainly talked, with Abi adding things that she missed or advice about certain teachers.

"And here is the gymnasium." Taylor led Michael inside, Abi close behind. There was a class going on at the time, and they were running laps.

"This is obviously where we have gym class, and the gym teacher for our year is Mr. Hatch. He is kind of strict, seeing as he's also the basketball coach." Taylor informed him.

"Just stay on his good side and the class will be kind of tolerable." Abi added.

Michael nodded. He wasn't really paying attention to what they've been saying. He wasn't trying to be rude, it's just that he'll probably be moving again in a few months. His mom, however, had told him that they were staying in Meridian, Idaho for good. But that's what she said about the last two times they moved. So he didn't have high hopes.

They were about to leave when someone from the class called out "Taylor!"

Michael turned to see two people jogging towards them. One was a guy who had a muscular build and blonde hair. He looked like a typical jock, even wearing a smug smile as he looked at Michael.

The other person was a girl who looked exactly like Taylor. Wait, what?

They were both wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt that read 'Meridian High School' with the school's logo proudly represented.

As they stopped in front of the trio, Abi subtly hid behind Michael. He didn't question it, she looked embarrassed and scared for some reason. He scooted a little to cover her more and she sent him a thankful look.

"Hey Tay." The girl said. She looked at Michael. "Is this the new kid?"

"Yes, Tara. His name is Michael. Michael, meet Tara, my twin sister, and Quentin. He's the all star of the basketball team."

Michael smiled and waved in greeting, not wanting to talk in fear of making a fool of himself. His right eye was already blinking rapidly and he tried to cover it with his hand, trying to play it off as if he was rubbing his eye.

"What's wrong with your eye?"

"Q! That's rude."

"No, it's fine." Michael reassured Taylor. It was bound to happen sooner or later. "I have Tourette's Syndrome."

"Oh, the one where people shout swears?" Quentin asked.

" That's one type of it. I mostly just have a lot of uncontrollable facial tics, like blinking, making faces, or just make gulping sounds."

"Is it contagious?"

"No." Michael answered. "You should probably get back to class. I don't want to get you guys in trouble."

"Nah, we're fine. Since I'm on the basketball team and Tara's a cheerleader, Coach would never do anything that could stop us from attending the games." Quentin said confidently.

Right as he said that, the bell rang. Abi sighed in relief. Taylor said bye to the two, then resumed the tour with Michael.

Taylor took the lead, leaving Abi and Michael walking side by side. He leaned in to Abi and said, soft enough so Taylor wouldn't hear, "What was that about?"

She blushed. "I'm not really on good terms with Tara. And Quentin, for that matter, but he just follows what she says."

"What'd you do?"

"I kind of quit the cheerleading team and they think I betrayed them."

Michael knew that there was more to the story, but he stopped himself from asking, seeing as the topic was making Abi uncomfortable. He just had one more question. "What about Taylor?"

"She's really nice. She let me explain why I quit, instead of jumping to conclusions like everyone else."

He nodded thoughtfully. He was about to say something else when Taylor turned around. He and Abi jumped away from each other, trying not to look suspicious. Taylor cocked her head to the side, but let it slide.

They continued the tour. Michael stopped listening, he was thinking about what Abi said. He knew that there was a lot more to the story. And he couldn't help but think that, pretty soon, he'll play a part in it, too.

***

|A/N|

Teaser to one of my fanfictions that I'm currently working on, Meridian High. Do you like it?

As for my other fanfiction, Downfall, I've decided not to make it a trilogy and just make it one book. I'll probably change the title, too.

I'll update you guys as I work on them. The picture is my current choice for the cover, I'm not sure yet.

<3