Wade West (Requested)

*SPOILERS FOR MV3: BATTLE OF THE AMPERE*

It was raining. Hard. There wasn't a thunderstorm, no lightning. Just rain. Raindrops were hitting the ground, almost in sync. Storm clouds covered the sky, leaving no room for the moon or the stars to shine to the Earth below. Although, everything was dimly lit, as if the moon was trying its best to guide you through the storm.

Slowly but surely, footsteps are heard. They got louder as they made their way through the mud, leaving a deep imprint to prove their existence. Nevertheless, the footprints started fading away as soon as they were made.

A tall, muscular figure can be seen walking through a graveyard. No coat. Anyone watching would have thought that he was crazy. Maybe he was, just last year he was suicidal. People with keen eyesight may notice an oddly shaped scar on his arm, but only a certain few will understand the two W's engraved on his bicep.

He stopped at a certain gravestone, staring at it. Rereading the same words that he's been reading for the past year.

Here lies Wade West . . .

One year.

It has been one full year since his death.

He learned to accept it. That his best friend was gone and never coming back.

Although he could never forget. How could he forget? His one friend who actually understood him? Who stood by his side? Who trusted him.

He laughed bitterly. He trusted him. Trust. Trust is what killed him.

The teenager sank to his knees, not caring about the mud. He choked back a sob as he started talking.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry. It was all my fault. They tell me that it's not, but it is. If it weren't for me, you would still be here."

He looked down. And he started to cry. Softly. Then those soft cries turned into uncontrollable sobs. He sat there, sobbing for what felt like hours. The occasional 'I'm sorry' escaping his lips.

It wasn't a common sight.

To see the man, known for his confidence and strength. The guy you can count on to speak his mind and stop at nothing to protect the people he loves. He's the person that always stays strong during tough situations, the shoulder you cry on.

To see that same man break down in tears? It was heart breaking.

His cries died down to muffled whimpers. He sniffed and looked back up, his tears hidden in the rain.

"The past year has been . . . busy. I don't want to say that it was great, because you weren't there. But it was a good year. We stopped Hatch. I got revenge on that a** for killing you. That psycho is locked up in the most secure prison in the world. They wouldn't tell us where, for safety reasons I suppose. But we did it. Us. Just a bunch of teenagers, saving the world.

"It's not the same, though. Without you. All the other guys are great, don't get me wrong. But I miss you, Wade.

"I never told you that I loved you. The biggest thing that I regret, out of everything. I never told you how much I needed you in my life. After you died, I was planning on dying on our mission. Because what's life without your best friend, right? You're having the time of your life, beating up bad guys together and being good for once. Then the next moment you're alone.

"I had the rest of the Electroclan, though. They tried to help me through it, but I just shut them out. The second biggest mistake I made. When I finally did let them in, I realized how much I needed them as well. I realized that I still have my friends by my side. And if that's not a good reason to keep fighting, then I don't know what is."

He took a deep breath, still trying to control his breathing from earlier. And then he continued. He told his late friend about the adventures he had, his experiences. He unknowingly slipped a couple sentences starting with 'If you were there,' or something similar.

And he talked. And talked. He kept talking, not wanting to stop. It was the closest he has felt to Wade for a year and he doesn't want to lose it. He talked so long that his voice became hoarse and the rain was gone. He talked long enough for the sun to rise, but he didn't notice.

It was hours later when the figure ran out of things to say. He told his friend about all of their adventures together and he reminisced over their first confrontation.

He was now standing up, looking down at the grave. He just stood there for a few moments before whispering his goodbye.

"I miss you, Wade. And I will never forget you."

And with that farewell, Jack Vranes walked away from his best friend's grave, tears rolling down his cheeks.

***

|A/N|

I've never experienced the feeling of having a loved one die, so I tried my best on this one. Most books that contain scenes like this are better written, the best being from personal experience. I don't have that personal experience. I also hope that none of you do, either. I can only imagine what it feels like, and it doesn't look good.

Wade tribute requested by goddess-of-fanfics. I hope you liked it. If you didn't, just comment or message me.

Requests are always welcome! The next few one shots will be all requests so if you have one, better late than never.

Anyways, vote and comment if you liked.

<3