The Broken Piece

Kylee just stood there, shocked as she realized what just happened. "I just got kicked out."

She quickly put on the backpack containing a small amount of her belongings and huffed as she started walking away. Unfortunately for her, she got kicked out during Winter season. Just my luck, she thought to herself as she tugged her coat tighter for more warmth.

Kylee grew tired around four hours later, as it started turning dark. They would've had dinner by now. She mentally groaned, hungry from her lack of food. Her body was so used to being an Eagle. Getting three meals a day, resting whenever they wanted, not having to worry about anything in the world except disappointing Dr. Hatch or the infamous Michael Vey ruining their lives.

She just wanted to go home.

She wanted to go back to the school and beg to come back. She wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. She would rather endure 24 hours of Nichelle torturing her than to live on the streets. She would do anything to get back.

But she didn't, and she wouldn't. She has too much pride to throw it all away. She thinks of it as her fatal flaw.

Kylee sighed and continued walking, no place in mind. When the sun set, she sat down underneath a tree and pulled out a thin blanket from her bag. "Better than nothing." She said out loud.

Her bag didn't hold that much, just one extra set of clothes, a blanket, and a water bottle.

Kylee laid down, using the bag as a pillow. She covered herself with the blanket as good as she could and tried to sleep.

But she couldn't. So she thought. She thought about how she ended up like this. Here, homeless Kylee, sleeping under a tree with no food in her stomach. Heck, she didn't even know what state she was in. Or if she was even still in the U.S.

"I bet the guys would get a good laugh out of this." She chuckled to herself. Her mood darkened, remembering what happened just hours ago.

Dr. Hatch was extremely disappointed in them not catching Vey. He was yelling at them, pointing out every single thing they did wrong. Then he turned to Kylee.

To say she was terrified would be an understatement. "And you!" He started, "What were you doing during all of this? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!"

"But sir, there was nothing I could do!" She tried to explain, her voice quivering from fear.

"Oh, excuses. Of course there was 'nothing you could have done.' You're weak. Useless. A disgrace to this family." He spat out. "You should just leave. Pack your stuff and be gone. You disgust me."

Kylee had tears streaming down her face. "Wait, you're not really-"

"Oh yes I am. You have five minutes to pack your stuff and get out of this building."

Dr. Hatch calmed down a little and cleared his voice. "We're done here."

He signaled the rest of the Eagles to follow him out and they were gone. None of them even said goodbye or tried to stick up for her. They all avoided eye contact, as if looking at her would cause them the same punishment.

And now here she is. No money, no food, no ID of any sort. Besides, what would she even put on it? She doesn't even know her own last name. She's been with Dr. Hatch so long that she knows nothing about her past. Only that is was terrible and he saved her.

And then it happened. It finally happened, after all her life. Out there in the snow, all alone, Kylee had a moment of realization. "Michael was right."

She distinctly remembered Michael basically telling them that Dr. Hatch would just abandon them when they're not good enough anymore. He wasn't their saving grace, he didn't save them from a life of being a chicken. He was just a mad man building an army. And when something doesn't go the way he planned, he fixes what went wrong and tries again. He gets rid of the broken piece.

And that's what she was.

The broken piece.

***

|A/N|
Another sad one shot about one of the Eagles. This was kind of inspired from a Fanfiction that I saw where Kylee betrays Hatch and helps the Electroclan. I don't know why all of my one shots about the Eagles are sad. What people don't realize is that bad guys still have feelings. Unless they're a robot. Or just plain mad, like Hatch.

Anyway, I got a little off topic. So did you like this one shot? Do you like my Eagle POV's/stories? Vote if you liked and comment any requests you have!

<3