chapter⁶

lonnie's new hair

lonnie's new hair

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

your pov

01:30 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"but didn't you see jane's?" lonnie says to me, trying to drag me out the dorm room. i groan and whine. i don't want to leave. i want to read one of my books. "i want my hair like that,"

"then go to mal's dorm," i say, falling on the floor. "i'm tired,"

"no you're not!" lonnie says, sniffing out my lie. "and i don't want to go by myself," lonnie says. "they're evil,"

"says who?" i ask, bring my face off the green rug. lonnie sits down next to me, pouting her glossy lips.

"please?" she says. i groan, kicking air. 

"fine, fine," i say. i get up, dusting my white hoodie. "lets go,"

🦋

lonnie knocks on the door of mal's dorm before walking in. i walk im behind her, waving to mal, evie and jane. evie gives me a small squeeze as i sit down on the table.

"hey guys!" she says. "i'm lonnie," she looks around as evie and mal don't say anything. "my mom's mulan," the vk's still don't say anything. "no? anyways, i love what you've done with jane's hair. and i know you hate us. and well, you're evil-"

"lonnie no," i say, trying to keep my eyes from closing.

"but, you think you could do mine?" lonnie says, touching her bangs. 

"why would i do that for you?" mal asks, looking up from her drawing pad.

"i pay you fifty dollars?" lonnie says, holding up a silk pouch.

"good answer," evie says, taking it the pouch off lonnie. "i need to buy more material. lets see, i'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights-"

"no, no," lonnie says with a laugh, cutting off evie. "i want it cool, like mal's,"

"really?" evie says, looking unimpressed. "split ends too?"

"evie," i sigh. 

"what?" she smiles. "a good person is truthful," she winks at me as i smile, shaking my head. she's not wrong. mal looks at evie who just shakes the silk pouch. mal groans, rolling off the bed. she walks over to the bedside table, taking out a book. maybe it's a spell book. cool.

"okay," mal says. she flicks through the pages then smiles at lonnie. "beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair," she slams the book shut, pointing her fingers at lonnie's face. lonnie's bangs and bob grows out to thick brown curls. lonnie touches her face, walking over to the very long mirror in mal and evie's room. i follow, standing next to her.

"i know, i know," evie starts, looking in the mirror. "it looks like a mop in your head. you know what? lets cut it off, layer it-"

"no, no, no, no, no, no!" lonnie says, checking herself out. "i love it,"

"you do?" evie questions blankly.

"it's just..." lonnie rips of the edge of her skirt with a smile. "now, i'm cool,"

"like ice," mal says to lonnie. jane walks over to the mirror, mimicking lonnie's actions. she rips her dress, then looks like she regrets it immediately.

"what did i just do...?" she says. "mom's going to kill me," i shake my head with laugh.